“Quiet during the day ”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We have gone here a few tines. Always nice at night for awesome food and expansive alcohol choices.

Midday was very quiet and good for a meeting. We had plenty of space. Our table had jambalaya, and two burgers. All were great. Ross was a great server as well, attentive.

Fries are the best. As well as the fry sauce.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My adult son selected the Bayou due to favorable reviews on the internet. We arrived around 6pm and we were immediately seated. The hostesses was very friendly. We were quickly asked about drink preferences. The Bayou has over 500 different beers, so we tried a couple of Utah beers we'd never had access to in Wisconsin. We were happy with our selections. For dinner I tried the jambalaya/gumbo entree. It's jambalaya with a scoop of gumbo on top. It was very good. Our waitress started out to be attentive, but after I had a conversation with the bartender regarding their vast number of beers, she disappeared. The bartender took over and became our waiter, even though the original waitress was still working. It was very unusual. The bartender was very friendly and informative, suggesting a very good beer for my last selection. If you're visiting SLC and are a fan of craft beer you'll want to stop by the Bayou.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere and the food was excellent! Drinks were expensive and just ok... we tried the Guinness float and fried Twinkie on the dessert menu! Delicious!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I really enjoyed the meal at Bayou. This is southern food and there were many things on the menu that sounded wonderful.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I know what you're thinking because I was too: how good can the Cajun food be in Utah? The answer is - pretty amazing. Bayou keeps the food menu short, the ingredients fresh and the beer options long, so if you come for dinner plan on staying for a drink or two. Catfish with etouffee is EXCELLENT!