“German Festival in Ogden UT”
Review of Siegfried's Deli

Siegfried's Deli
Ranked #19 of 1,495 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Deli, German
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Every January Ogden hosts a German Festival. Siegfried's is the highlight providing very good sauerkraut, coleslaw, spaetzle, wiener schnitzel and sausages. I tried them all and want more. Also loved their apple strudel, black forest cake and hazelnut cheesecake!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve never been to Siegfried’s until now, and I have been missing out. This is a great place for a braut, crout, and anything else. They also have a great little market with all kinds of German delicacies which were wonderful.

Now I don’t drink, but for those that do my friends said this was a great place to have your traditional beer with braut, which they all said was great while we were there.

I would definitely go again and recommend to those visiting downtown.

1  Thank Pete Y
Reviewed 6 January 2018

My husband came here yesterday and were very happy with the food, prices, and the atmosphere. We both have strong German backgrounds, so the food gave us both good feelings of nostalgia. It was a bit chilly outside, so I got the chicken noodle soup (super yummy and comforting!). My husband got the reuben with cold potato salad, and he was thoroughly impressed. The adorable German cook cut off a fresh piece of corned beef to grill, and then toasted the sandwich perfectly. The cold potato salad could have been a tad more vinegar-y, but it was still really tasty! My husband also got an eclair, which was very fresh and had the perfect amount of sweetness. We would both highly recommend this place to anyone who needs/wants some great comfort food!

2  Thank Sabrina E
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I've been going to Siegfried's for years. Delicious, authentic German comfort food. Not only can you get a delicious lunch (I recommend any of the sausages, with a side of red cabbage and spaetzle w/gravy), they also have a great German deli - rolls and breads, sausages and weiners, and more. There's also a wide selection of sweets and other goodies to take home. If you happen across this review, consider no further and go to Siegfried's. Now. Do it.

Free parking in garage.
Handicap accessible.

3  Thank Sean K
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This is a genuine German Deli and should be a must visit. Our team visited for lunch. The menu is classic and solid, with a fine selection of sides--from sauerkraut, red cabbage, salad, warm potato salad and more. Each of these was great and of good proportions.

Our entrees included sandwiches, schnitzel and roasted chicken. All were excellent. But there is one standout condiment--hot (spicy) mustard. Uniquely special.

A variety of draft and bottled beers is also available as are desserts and chocolates.

Put this place on you lunch itinerary, without fail.

2  Thank chinesesun