“Nice shareable meal. Good Service.”

Voltaggio Brothers Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Voltaggio Brothers Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Price range: US$50 - US$150
Description: Known for their time on Bravo's Emmy-winning season of Top Chef, brothers Bryan and Michael Voltaggio join forces for the first time with their modern steakhouse. Dine on dishes drawing inspiration from their home state of Maryland amid nostalgic design details and contemporary furnishings that produce a feeling of coming home.
Reviewed 14 May 2017

The Voltaggio Brothers' Steakhouse is located at the MGM National Harbor. Parking is available in the MGM National Harbor parking lot for FREE. It is rare to find free parking the DC area, so this is a nice perk.

I strongly suggest a reservation. We made one last minute for a 6:30 PM slot. From about 7-9 PM they are usually booked solid.

The restaurant is designed to resemble their childhood home from the 1980s. The seating is comfortable. It is a nicely designed restaurant. I think the best seating area would be near the kitchen. It is brighter and bit more lively.

The service staff were friendly, knowledgeable and polite. They shared recommendations from both the drink and dining menus. They were attentive and water was refilled regularly without the need to ask.

We enjoyed the 8oz American Wagyu steak, a side of broccolini, potatoes au gratin and cheddar biscuits. We asked that the cheddar biscuits come out first. They were very tasty, a little dry, but the apple butter helped with that.

Our meals arrived shortly after the bread. The sides are shareable between two people. The broccolini was nicely cooked and very tasty. The potatoes au gratin were unbelievably great. Cheesy with a nice crisp top layer. The steaks come served with a dehydrated tendon that is fried (think pork rind) on top sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning. It is tasty.

The steaks had a nice light char on them, but sadly were overcooked. My medium steak was medium well and my wife's ended up being well done (she likes it that way, but at steakhouses she usually goes for a lighter cooking style). Mine had no pink center at all. It was disappointing.

We really enjoyed the house-made steak sauce and the beernaise (this is not a misspelling, it is made with beer). They were excellent accompaniments to the steaks and helped since the steaks were overcooked.

We were so full that we skipped dessert. There were several very rich sounding desserts on the menu that were intriguing, including the "chocolate" all different types of chocolate (cake, pudding, mousse, etc) and the cold fudge sundae made of cinnamon toast ice cream, magic shell, blueberries and granola.

The pricing was reasonable considering it is within the MGM National Harbor and in the DC area. It was fun to visit the MGM National Harbor for the first time.

A nice date night, would consider coming back to see if the steaks could be cooked right. Worth a try, not disappointing, and the extra bonus of seeing MGM National Harbor. Would be a great spot for a pre or post-concert./show dinner as they have plenty of shows at the MGM's theater.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We went here on our final night of conference. More food than we could eat. All good as well as the service.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

This is the second time I have ate at Voltaggio and both times it was great. We took our daughter and son in law and they were also impressed. We had a wonderful server and the food was super. We have stayed at the hotel so no need to go away for fine dining.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a true foodie. I will try just about anything and everything (except hardshell bugs, no exoskeletons for me). But otherwise, it is on. Now I have had meals all over the world from high end establishments to my beloved diners and dives. My friends always ask me for spots to venture too or have I been there before. If I here of a new spot and it peaks my interest, I go. If I have time and money, I grab friend, my treat and off we go.

I’m writing this review because neither the experience nor the food was worth it. I have been a Top Chef show follower since it has aired. I live in the DMV area so the Voltaggio Brothers are known here (especially Bryan). I live not too far from the new MGM National Harbor and I’m a MLife member. So I heard that the Voltaggio Brothers were opening a steak house. I was like cool.

Anyway, back to the Voltaggio Brother’s Steak House, first I got there and told them my name and I had a reservation. I got a bewildered look from the hostess and I swear it took like five minutes to find my reservation. Like they had two systems or something. The front of the house gentlemen came up, because clearly my face was like “What is going on?” ( I can’t hide anything with my facial expressions) He said something to her and next thing I know we were seated right away. We perused over the menu even though we looked at the one online before we got there and had and idea of what we were going to order. The waitress came over in a not so cute outfit (not like Fish staff) but hey it is a steak house and they had on steak house uniforms type. She explained that they work in teams and we had two waitstaff people. Ok, cool. Better service in my mind. Well, let the madness continue. She took our drink order. Lets just say we didn’t see or alcohol beverages until after our entrees arrived. Yes, we order appetizers (Beginning and Starters: I order the Carolina Gold Rice (no sea urchin, slight different from MGM listed menu, smh) and BeefSteak Tomato and Aged Cheddar Biscuits. My rice was overly salty (especially with no sea urchin) and my friends Beefsteak Tomato was nothing special. The biscuits were lukewarm and also nothing special. Lets continue on, I ordered the 22oz Bone-In Ribeye medium rare, added portobello mushroom and my friend gets the Pot Roast, and we get Young Broccoli. The biscuit and the apps come out and we begin nibbling. And a few minutes later I hear a crash but hey it is restaurant. Our waitress comes out and tells us that our drinks will be delayed. (umm the crash) to tell you the truth it had been so long I forgot about the drinks. Our entrees come out and everything looks good. Now a rule of thumb that I have grown up with is a perfectly cooked grilled steak (up to medium rare at least) even with just salt and pepper is truly tasty and I have consumed many (you never need steak sauce). I ordered a 22oz Bone-In Ribeye medium rare (ribeye with great marbleization to me is perfection). This was not the case. My steak was cooked to perfection, I mean it was a great looking steak (even took a pic). But this was the worst steak I have ever eaten. There was absolutely no salt, no pepper (not even on the table you must ask for it, fyi) just steak. Oh common on Voltaggio Brothers!!! REALLY!!! Absolutely no seasoning what so ever!!! I refused to ask for steak sauce (you should never need it). I was so disappointed and it was on my face. Because the front manager gentleman kept walking by our table the entire night (several times) and asking was everything ok. What can I say, the steak was terrible no seasoning. the pot roast was below average nothing special also no seasoning. The veggies were slightly over cooked instead of being a vibrant green. It was a disaster. We even got comped desserts (because of the drinks fiasco), yeah I don’t even remember except it was chocolate. Now, I didn’t complain to the Front Manager gentleman because I was like what is the use, if the food sucked when it was brought out it wasn't going to get better. All in all our waitstaff the second waitress was bubbly and nice and the allegedly drink dropper waitress was just doing her job not rude but not that pleasant either. I can say without a doubt my over $200 dinner for two (even with comped items) wasn’t worth it. I will not be going back. My friend asked me even if it was free, I was like yeah nawww, I don’t think so, maybe if the restaurant was own or changed by someone else or if they fired the meat chef because no seasoning for a $63 steak. You should be fired!!! But hey I won’t be going back and if you got money to waste maybe try it for yourself. But you will find me at elsewhere or the food court. Oh I took my leftover steak home because it was a lot left and perfected it a home and it was delicious after I doctored it up the way it should have been in the first place and still never used steak sauce.

Bon Appetit!! my friends.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

After reading other reviews I was worried about what our experience would be like. We dined in the living room and the table was great. The service from beginning to end was fantastic. Our team consisted of two waiters and a very attentive "bus boy" who was a delightful young lady.
We had the bone marrow appetizer which was very unusual and tasty. We also shared the spaghetti appetizer which was very delicious and rich.
We both had the filet mignon with the three sauces, The tenderloins were very flavorful without any sauce and cooked to perfection (medium rare). The sauces were very delicious and I would highly recommend ordering them to enhance your steak. We tried the potatoes au gratin (awesome!) the asparagus (very tasty) and the parkier house rolls (super yummy). We ended up taking half the meal home because we were stuffed and wanted desert (upside down lemon tart). Desert was over the top delicious. We enjoyed every moment of our time there and would definitely return. Pricey but delicious!