“An Oriental Paradise.”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Description: Immerse yourself in a culinary tour of Asia with authentic Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese dishes amid an extensive menu. Enjoy signature dishes including Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Soft Shell Crab Fried Rice, and House Style Live Lobster along with an extensive Dim Sum menu.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Ginger is strictly oriental from Chinese to Thai to Vietnamese food. The menu offers a great deal of variety. My wife ordered a roasted Peking duck garnished with roasted cashews and coleslaw accompanied with rice noodles. The portions are large. Although we shared the meal, we couldn't finish it. The prices are equally large.

Lauren D, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hi jamessK7433OS,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to see that you had an enjoyable meal while dining recently. We look forward to you visiting us again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2018

This is the last of the restaurants I've visited at the MGM and it may be the best. The food was outstanding, the atmosphere is casual but classy, and the service was impeccable. A friend and I stopped by the MGM because I had just come out of outpatient surgery right up the street. I wasn't, therefore, feeling my best but did have some appetite. I stuck with the wonton soup but could not resist the spring rolls and had to get them too. The spring rolls were the best I've ever had - hot, crispy, full of good meat and vegetables, and delicious. I can't wait to go back and will definitely order them again - they were worth every bite. The wonton soup was different from what I expected and excelled in some ways but fell a little short in others. The restaurant is Pan-Asian and I suspect the soup was not intended to be the wonton soup I get at the local Chinese restaurant. The difference was (1) the addition of noodles - very thin/probably something like vermicelli, and (2) the flavor of the broth. The noodles were a great addition and I ate all of them. The wontons, themselves, were amazing and I've never had any so good. They were huge and stuffed generously with meat and shrimp (a LOT of shrimp). Awesome! The broth was dark and rich with flavor (a meat flavor) - it just wasn't a flavor I cared for and I generally love eating the broth. But, the dish as a whole, was fine and I would order it again. I just ate the awesome noodles and wontons and couldn't have been happier. My partner had the Panang curry and I got some. Wow! That's the best I've ever had - just delicious. Our waiter was terrific and, after we spoke about my love for hot Thai food, he prepared (we didn't ask) his own Thai hot sauce for us. He is from Thailand so this was the real thing and I used it very judiciously. All in all, I give Ginger two enthusiastic thumbs up. I know I'm going back.

Hi ArlingtonDavid,

We are very pleased to hear of your excellent dining experience with us. The detail you have provided regarding the meals has described some of our favorite dishes perfectly. We can't wait to host you again.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Finally tried Ginger at the National Harbor. Stopped in for dinner Fat Tuesday after dropping some coin at the casino.

The Good: food came out fast. Service was courteous and friendly.

The Rest: Ok let's face it, EVERYTHING at the MGM National Harbor is overpriced.

We ordered the honey wings to start. Lackluster at best. Ok, truth? We didn't like them. Tasted funny. Not at all what we expected. We started thinking... maybe we made a mistake. Soon after, entrees arrived! Yay!

We choose the Fuzhou seafood fried rice and the pan fried sea bass which isn't pan fried anymore because customers said they didn't like it. Instead they served the sea bass steamed and lightly dusted and fried in a light batter.

Hearty portions. We filled up and couldn't finish everything. The sea bass was actually pretty good. The fried rice at first I thought I'd give my neighborhood Chinese carryout new-found respect but after a few more bites it started tasting quite delicious.

Song, our server did a terrific job catering to us and helping us enjoy our experience. Hats off to her for making sure we come back for another visit.

The atmosphere of the restaurant gets high marks. The music was nice and conducive to dining. And MGM is a very nice property.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

The Asian food dishes were hot and fresh, filled with flavor and the portions were nicely sized - we left with a doggie bag

Lauren D, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hello DCflyboy,

We are very glad to see that enjoyed the flavors of Ginger. It is our ultimate goal to make sure each guest leaves with a memorable experience. We look forward to you dining with us again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The restaurant is conveniently located inside the MGM Casino and Hotel. The menu has a very nice selection of Asian dishes. The food was very tasty and reasonably priced, but be sure to request otherwise if you don't want your food spicy hot. The wait staff was very attentive without being overbearing.

Lauren D, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi Panacea_Food,

We are pleased to see that you found the menu variety and the food to be to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

MGM National Harbor

Been to Ginger? Share your experiences!