“First taste of TexMex!”

Bigo's Bar and Grill
Ranked #32 of 411 Restaurants in Brownsville
Reviewed 2 October 2015

This was my first experience with charro beans, great soup! I had 6 street tacos with beef, cheese, and avocado. For the chips, we had pico de gallo, green sauce (pureed Jalapenos I think) and cut limes. The tortillas were hand held and had a bit of oil to them. My companion ordered in Spanish for both of us. It was a great little place to have a lunch.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Bigo's is an old Matamoros Restaurant that has moved to Brownsville, Texas as well. It is famous for it's Sirlion by the pound, or a fabulous plate of Fajitas (in the city where Fajitas were born).

As with the older Matamoros Restaurant, the Brownsville location has a great assortment of Beers and delightful Margaritas, for a fair price. If you have never ordered meat by your favorite slice or cut,and by the pound, this is a must!! It has terrific 'guacamole' and all sorts of sides as well. This is a special experience to enjoy while in Brownsville, without having to cross the border to get!!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

The menu is not Tex-Mex. It is hard to describe, but you will definitely find something you will like. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. I especially liked my frozen marguarita because it wa not out of a machine. It was mixed on the spot and then blended in a blender. It was great. Everyone that had

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We ordered 2 lbs of fajitas for lunch since there was a few us and they were excellent! The beef was tender and not like leather. The guacamole was really good. Not too garlicky like some places.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I can't eat at a place where some one was murdered. It kind of makes you wonder about the kind of clientele that eats there.