“Family dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Our family of five went in for dinner on a Saturday evening. We were greeted and seated right away. The atmosphere was beautifully decorated, like you have stepped into some quaint village in Italy. Our waitress was nice and took good care of us. The food was very tasty, we ordered the penne in vodka sauce, the spaghetti with tomato sauce, the chicken marsala, a turkey panini and the pesto chicken pizza.
So if you are in the area give them a try.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

My family reserved the small private dining area at maria's to celebrate my daughters graduation. We had a group of 12 and this space was perfect for our celebration. The atmosphere at Maria's is simply amazing. It is beautifully decorated and looks as if you are stepping back in time. They have a very nice bar area also with a lot of great options. The owner and our waitress GiGi were very nice and went above and beyond to meet our needs and make sure our experience was an enjoyable one. The food was just okay most dishes lacked flavor and the presentation was not the best on some of the pasta dishes. I would dine here again though because there were parts of it the experience that was great.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I never expected this in a quaint lovely southern town that looks much like it must have during the Civil War.
Atmosphere/ambiance was excellent; two-story ceiling, walls nicely painted to enhance the mood, spacious interior.
The staff seemed a bit confused during seating and initial drink service, but then settled down. GREAT Bloody Mary.
Food was promptly served and good. I had seafood risotto which was excellent, loaded with clams, shrimp and mussels in a light tomato sauce, and prepared properly.
This is a recommended stop. $ are quite reasonable as well.
PS....unless you want to just stuff yourself with standard chow, I suggest avoiding the buffet. There's a much better selection on the a la carte menu.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I traveled to Petersburg on "The Cavalier" 611 Steam Train Excursion and had a few hours to spend in the Old Towne Area of Petersburg. We chose Maria's because it was located close where we got off the train. This is a wonderful restaurant that is decorated beautifully. From the time we entered until the time we left the staff treated us great and was attentive to our needs without being intrusive. We enjoy the Italian Buffet which featured a good selections of Italian food including baked ziti, chicken parmesan, and pizza. Food and service was excellent and I enjoyed my visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Went on a week night with a group of people. The pizza was great and they have lots of interesting options. I believe margaritas were on special and we all ordered one and the bar didn't have enough glasses to make a second round without taking our first round of glasses. It seemed a little understaffed but then again it was a Wednesday. The food was good and seemed fresh. Everyone was pleased with what they ordered.