“Been stopping here for years!”
Review of La Crepe Michel

Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Most every time I go to Albuquerque a trip to La Crepe is on my agenda. LOVE the feel of this unique eatery. Relax and enjoy some great French food right in the heart of Old Town

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This place is a gem. I've been coming here for years. Everything is absolutkey delicious but I have a hard time straying from the Belgium endive salad and a cup of French onion soup. Everytime I come to visit Albuquerque I run to La Crepe Michel. Such a special place.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Off one of Oldtown's quaint brick courtyards, you will wander into La Crepe Michel, a charming French restaurant that can be crowded and cozy on a Christmas Eve excursion, but laid back and intimate on a weekday lunch outing. Previously we went there with an out-of-town world traveler who labelled the delicious lunch as "truly a taste of France, with the best cappuccino I've ever had in the States." With choices of quiche, salad and a simple but deep-flavored soup, my companion was totally satisfied on that occasion. Mushroom crepes far exceeded my expectations, and I wanted to return for dinner because of that savory memory. This time I opted for onion soup, and never again will I order that soup from another restaurant as it would inevitably not live up to Michel's version (unless I went to France again)! Crusty cheese heaven crowning richly flavorful bouillon. My sister had the Salade Niçoise (she took half home for the next day's lunch) and the extremely fresh house salad was satisfying for me. As an almost vegetarian, the asparagus crepes hit the spot for me, while my sister, who inevitably orders hamburgers wherever we go, raved about the Crêpe au Boeuf Bourguignon (had to look that up)! I can hardly wait to return for much this summer!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Excellent all around. The place is not huge, but has two nice sized dining rooms and they were able to accommodate our party of 8 with advanced reservation. Friendly greeting and very good service throughout our visit. Split the check accurately and without fuss. The menu is amazing - much more than the crepes, there were amazing specials. I was here for dinner with colleagues on a Weds night.

We started with the Brie en croute and Prince Edward Island Mussels with fries. The brie had a nice amount of salad with a mustard vinaigrette and some wonderful berry jam. Everyone loved their dinner. I had the special chicken in peanut sauce with harissa hot sauce on the side over rice - wonderfully tasty. One of us had the ratatouille crepe and it was one of the best I have tasted. Dessert included a prickly pear Charlotte, chocolate mouse and some coffee - again everything was excellent. Very good selection of wines and before/after dinner drinks.

Having traveled quite a bit in France and as someone who eats French food often, I was delighted to find such well done, close to authentic food in Albuquerque. It's a bit hidden down the end of an alley of shops, but worth finding. Could not have been happier with our meal and experience. Merci La Crêpe Michel!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

One room has a tree growing in it.
The food was very good, the atmosphere was lovely sort of rustic
In a town with tons of very good Mexican food it's a lovely change of pace.
We enjoyed the escargot and there are so many delicious crepes to choose from savory and sweet.