“Not as we remembered”

Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Reviewed 27 July 2017

My wife and I had enjoyed Le Crepe Michel on our first visit to Albuquerque 20 years ago, and on a recent trip we decided to return. It was a disappointing meal.
When we visited 20 years ago the interior courtyard...the one with a tree growing..was light filled. Now the skylight/glass ceiling is dirty and covered in debris. The restaurant as a whole seems much shabbier than I recall. The evening was warm, and inside the restaurant it was stifling...something to bear in mind when considering eating here.
The brie en croute was quite good, but really much too large for an appetizer unless shared between two people, which we weren't told about. Our waiter was unenthusiastic, and disappeared for long stretches of time.....we waited for water until a different waiter came to our rescue. The menu of crepes was terribly short...despite the name of the restaurant, most of the dishes are just generic French. The food was OK...not bad, but not at all special. Certainly it was a long way below what we have experienced in France, although I suppose given that the restaurant is 5000 miles from France that isn't too surprising.The bill for the meal with wine was about $100, which seemed a poor value for money. I would suggest you go elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Most every time I go to Albuquerque a trip to La Crepe is on my agenda. LOVE the feel of this unique eatery. Relax and enjoy some great French food right in the heart of Old Town

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This place is a gem. I've been coming here for years. Everything is absolutkey delicious but I have a hard time straying from the Belgium endive salad and a cup of French onion soup. Everytime I come to visit Albuquerque I run to La Crepe Michel. Such a special place.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Off one of Oldtown's quaint brick courtyards, you will wander into La Crepe Michel, a charming French restaurant that can be crowded and cozy on a Christmas Eve excursion, but laid back and intimate on a weekday lunch outing. Previously we went there with an out-of-town world traveler who labelled the delicious lunch as "truly a taste of France, with the best cappuccino I've ever had in the States." With choices of quiche, salad and a simple but deep-flavored soup, my companion was totally satisfied on that occasion. Mushroom crepes far exceeded my expectations, and I wanted to return for dinner because of that savory memory. This time I opted for onion soup, and never again will I order that soup from another restaurant as it would inevitably not live up to Michel's version (unless I went to France again)! Crusty cheese heaven crowning richly flavorful bouillon. My sister had the Salade Niçoise (she took half home for the next day's lunch) and the extremely fresh house salad was satisfying for me. As an almost vegetarian, the asparagus crepes hit the spot for me, while my sister, who inevitably orders hamburgers wherever we go, raved about the Crêpe au Boeuf Bourguignon (had to look that up)! I can hardly wait to return for much this summer!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Excellent all around. The place is not huge, but has two nice sized dining rooms and they were able to accommodate our party of 8 with advanced reservation. Friendly greeting and very good service throughout our visit. Split the check accurately and without fuss. The menu is amazing - much more than the crepes, there were amazing specials. I was here for dinner with colleagues on a Weds night.

We started with the Brie en croute and Prince Edward Island Mussels with fries. The brie had a nice amount of salad with a mustard vinaigrette and some wonderful berry jam. Everyone loved their dinner. I had the special chicken in peanut sauce with harissa hot sauce on the side over rice - wonderfully tasty. One of us had the ratatouille crepe and it was one of the best I have tasted. Dessert included a prickly pear Charlotte, chocolate mouse and some coffee - again everything was excellent. Very good selection of wines and before/after dinner drinks.

Having traveled quite a bit in France and as someone who eats French food often, I was delighted to find such well done, close to authentic food in Albuquerque. It's a bit hidden down the end of an alley of shops, but worth finding. Could not have been happier with our meal and experience. Merci La Crêpe Michel!