“Good meals, desserts, and bakery”
Review of Flying Star Cafe

Flying Star Cafe
Ranked #72 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Description: We created Flying Star because we needed fresh, tasty coffee served in a bottomless cup, comfy seats with casual, competent service that didn’t get in your face. Most of all, we wanted a place where dessert was first and the food was something you could really get your taste buds around. And, we needed it served from early in the morning to late at night on every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas. It would be a place where we could go to be alone or have a good chance of running into friends. That was 1987 and we’re still cooking and baking 24 years later.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This restaurant is the original of a group around Albuquerque. It can be crowded, being on Central Ave., but recent transportation construction seems to have slowed the business a little. You order your food at a counter, then proceed to a table or booth where the staff will serve you. Best meals tend to be breakfast and their pastries are delectable. Each location has a slightly different appearance and neighborhood, but always the same good food. Very good bread - ask to take home a loaf.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Just moved into area. This place was recommended. My pancakes were heavy and burnt and not served with butter. My son’s macaroni and cheese was swimming in greasy butter and the fish was greasy. No refills on drinks. If you want a refill of water you must get yourself. Waitstaff brings meal never see them again. You order at register and pay immediately. There’s a tip jar there at register for service you didn’t receive yet?

Reviewed 21 April 2018

You order at the counter and find your table. The buddah bowl was to die for! Also we loved the cauliflower buffalo wings. Great veggie options. The desserts were unbelievable and had an incredible eclair that was the hugest I have ever seen. Great place for a healthy quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We love Flying Star. My favorite dish is the Buddha Bowl--so yummy--and my picky kids can get Mac n cheese, French toast all day, etc. Everyone has something to love. Their desserts are excellent too--the coconut cream pie is definitely the best I have ever eaten. This is a perfect place for a family, friends, or anyone to grab a bite.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was my first and last visit to the Flying Star on Central. I had a Wednesday night business meeting with about 10 others. First of all, nearby parking was almost impossible to find - and this was mid-week. I can't imagine what a weekend night would be like. After about 10 minutes of driving around I found a diagonal spot on an adjacent street about a block away.
Then I had to get in line to place my order. There were about 15 people ahead of me in line which was up to the entry doors. It took about 10 minutes before I finally was able to place my order. I ordered the NM Bennies along with a piece of pie.
I ate the entire slice of cherry pie before my order appeared at our table 15 minutes later. I highly recommend the cherry pie; the NM Bennie was also good, but after the wait I barely ate any of it and took it home as a leftover.
I have eaten at other Flying Star locations without the hassle of finding parking and a long wait for my meal.