“Amazing!”

and up
Marine Corps Tour in Washington DC
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Triangle
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Museum of the Marine Corps is a lasting tribute to U.S. Marines--past, present, and future. Situated on a 135-acre site adjacent to Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, and under the command of Marine Corps University, the Museum's soaring design evokes the image of the flag-raisers of Iwo Jima and beckons visitors to this 120,000-square-foot structure. World-class interactive exhibits using the most innovative technology surround visitors with irreplaceable artifacts and immerse them in the sights and sounds of Marines in action. Admission and parking are always free.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We were completely overwhelmed by this museum. We had a docent to ourselves who showed us the highlights over a 2hour period. Then he walked us to the movie which is probably the best recruiting tool ever created! We then went back to the Vietnam exhibit to study it in depth as my husband is a Vietnam vet. A quick bite in the Tavern and a walk through the memorial garden and 5 hours had passed. We are recommending this to everyone.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Parking is very close abd admission is free. This is a great museum to visit. We all enjoyed our visit here. There is a restaurant that was good for lunch. We were visiting Alexandria and drove out of our way to stop here on our way home. We are definately glad we did. I suggest anyone going. You will be happy you did.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The Marine Corps Museum was somewhere I had to go. My dad landed on Iwo Jima in WWII with the Foxtrot Co 2nd Bn 27th Marines 5th Marine Div in February, 1945. 25 years later I was with Mike Co 3rd Bn 1st Marines 1st Marine Div in Vietnam. The Marine Corp heritage is very important to my family. I think ALL Americans should visit the military HISTORIC sites and learn the HISTORY of our great country and what it has taken to make it so.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went in 2012 with my two oldest grandsons. My husband was in the Corp from 69 to 74. It was amazing! Plan on going back with my middle two grandsons this spring.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Very impressive facility- a must see for former military or anyone interested in military history. Plenty of parking and outside grounds are immaculately maintained