Lowest prices for your stay
US$199
View deal
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$199
PricelineUS$199
Hotels.comUS$199
All reviews rocky beach light house sound of the waves jacuzzi tub second floor coffee maker road trip lighthouse ocean redwoods pacific hwy
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was greeted by a very nice man. He checked us in and we were off to our room.

Upon checking out the room, We didn’t notice the mold all around the exterior and interior of the shower. Mold? Absolutely gross. Thank you for allowing me to pay to inhale MOLD all night.

We Will not be back.

A positive, you ask? The food was
Good in the restaurant.

Room tip: Yes, check your rooms before paying and accepting it.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2021

First, the photos are a lot nicer than the place. A lot fo deferred or no maintenance. But my review is about a lack of regard for the safety of the clientele -- no mask policy seems to be in place for employees. The front desk clerk wore one under her nose. The waitress SERVED us without a mask. I nicely asked the front desk clerk (age 19?) about their policies and she said, basically, too bad. I asked her who the manager was, and she said she was for the moment. When I asked her the name of the general manager -- they couldn't give that out!!!! I've never heard of a hotel who didn't have management -- but this one qualifies. Found a plastic bag on my door for "clean up" -- nearly tripped over it. No carpets -- so everything clangs. Noisy, unsafe, and irritating

1  Thank JGSN
Reviewed 27 April 2021

We stayed 1 night here. I really appreciate all the hard flooring, I hate carpets in hotels as they are gross and hardly ever cleaned properly. So it was really nice to see the hallways had stone floorings and the hotel rooms had laminate or hardwood flooring.

The big issue I had with this place was that when we got there and opened the mini fridge to put our food in it was very dirty. there was water, crumbs, even ants! This wasnt the major issue for me, I understood that things could be missed. The issue I had was I told the front desk that it was dirty at 3:30pm when we left the hotel to get food and they said someone would come and clean it. At 4:30pm I called and asked if they had a chance to clean it before we get back from dinner and they said that it would be taken care of. We got back from dinner at 6pm and it had still not been cleaned. In fact, no one every came buy to clean in.

The only reason I would stay here again is if I wanted to visit the bre

1  Thank Samofmay
Reviewed 19 April 2021

I came upon this place after we ended up spending an unplanned day and night in Crescent City. I'm certain I stayed here decades ago when it was a new Holiday Inn Express and I had fond memories. The reality didn't come close. The rooms were unclean -- stained bedspread, hand towel (stained and looked unwashed), litter from previous occupant on the floor. No cups for coffee or water. Understaffed and by young people who seem eager to help but not really sure of their job. Great views of the Pacific, though the old, dirty deck chairs were not inviting. A waste of a great setting.

Room tip: At least the oceanfront balcony makes it livable.
1  Thank ltwriter
Reviewed 13 April 2021

This was the most atrocious experience I've ever had. Walking in, the man at the front desk was not wearing a mask and paid no attention to the two of us standing there waiting for service. The hotel cleaners were not wearing masks either. This was the most unsafe I have felt during COVID as the staff completely disregarded the safety of their customers. The place on top of that was filthy and uncared for. Blinds were noticeably broken and dirty. The exterior is falling apart and riddled with trash. I told the front desk I would not be staying there for this reason and walked out. 4 hours later, the hotel charged me $174 for my tiny ground floor room (that was advertised to have a balcony which it did not). I have been fighting to receive a refund but no luck, not to mention that 9 times out of 10, the front desk does not pick up their phone. I've never had an experience like this and I RARELY if ever give bad reviews even if I have minor issues. I'm truly appalled and want my money back!! NO ONE SHOULD STAY HERE EVER!!!

Room tip: do not stay here!!
2  Thank LaneM467