“Great Prime Rib and Seafood buffet”

Nickys Steakhouse Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 136 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$8 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Great Friday and Saturday dinner. Arrived around 8 pm and still a lot of food left for buffet dinner. Some friends had other menu items and all food great and waitresses and staff very friendly. Very good place to eat and time

Nicky's S, Manager at Nickys Steakhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

I am so glad that you and your guests enjoyed everything. The off season Friday Night Buffet is hard to beat. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review, wnd we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

We have driven by Nicky numerous times on our way in Rocky Mountain National Park. We stopped here to check out the bar and share an appetizer. We were pleasantly surprised. The ceiling of the bar is covered with classic Chianti bottles and the room had a great vibe and old lodge favor. The food was average for the area yet the experience was magical. We will differently stop again

I am so pleased to hear that you folks stopped in. We hear that all too many times, but now that you know more about us we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

We walked from the lodge next door during a snow storm. The food was wonderful! A bit on the pricey side, but hey, you're on vacation. We had a variety of food (4 teenagers and 2 adults). Everyone loved what they ordered - even two of my teenagers who are vegetarians! Great Veg. Lasagna! The house wine is great here.

I am so pleased that you folks enjoyed everything on your recent visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback we greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

My husband and I decided to give Nickys a try beings that we were staying right up the road. The atmosphere is nice but nothing extraordinary. Our waitress was very nice. She detailed several items off the menu including the prime rib that she explained that people traveled from afar to experience it. My husband took her suggestion and gave it a try. It severely lacked taste and was mediocre at best. I had chicken fettuccine and found it to be very bland. I would have to say that we both left disappointed. Sadly, we both agreed that our $28 lunch was far better than our $82 dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate the feedback. I am very sorry that you did not find your entrees satisfying. Please in the future, at any restaurant if you are unhappy with your meal, ask us to fix it, we would be be happy to.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

We eat there 1 1/2 years ago and was happy with food and service. We eat there New Years eve and ordered Prime Rib. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. Waitress was good and friendly. The meal was way over priced for what we got. We ordered our drinks and mine came in a copper cup they kept my ID until the bill was paid. We are over 60 years old.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback, we appreciate it. I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your Prime Rib Dinner,please in the future ask for the Manager, we are here to make sure that you leave happy. I am also sorry that our house policy of holding IDs for drinks in Copper Mugs offended you, that was in no way our intention. We created the policy in response to having had far to many of them stolen. In an effort not to discriminate we apply that policy to all customers who order drinks served in the Copper Mugs. Again my most sincere apologies for your experience.