“Cascade lounge ”

Ranked #27 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Taxi service and in season free trolley service.
Description: Cascades, a Classic American Restaurant and Steakhouse is located in the heart of the historic 103 year-old Stanley Hotel. Join us for, breakfast, lunch or dinner in our comfortable dining room. Stop by for a cocktail in our lounge, as our "bar chefs," handcraft a cocktail from our historic cocktails of yesteryear. Remember the time when lunch was an event, cocktail hour was not to be missed & dinner with friends was a joy.
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Ate a late dinner in the lounge twice as the dinning room was closing. Our waiter Tyler was outstanding since the first night we got there late after their show & he was able to get us some soup, bread & delicious cookies for dessert. Tonight was not as late and we had the salmon, eggplant & vegetable crepes & kale salad. Everything was very good. The menu is limited but has a nice variety. A bit pricey but your paying to eat at the nicest place in town. You get to walk around this beautiful historic hotel & enjoy the ambiance. I would recommend to at least stop by for a drink if you don't want lunch or dinner. The lounge is very charming & has wonderful pictures of famous people who have been there. Though the salads are reasonable & the bread they serve with it is high quality & great. You will not run out of water while waiting for your food or during your meal, the young man Eugene kept coming by & we were definitely staying hydrated.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love The Stanley Hotel but don't waste your time going into The Whiskey Bar at The Cascades restaurant.

When you drive into the grounds be prepared to spend $10 for parking. They will give you a gold coin worth $5.00 to cash in for drinks at the bar.

At the entrance to the bar I was confused on if we could just seat ourselves. I asked three employees before I got an answer of "yes, just seat yourself"

The menu is extremely limited. I had a hamburger ($19) and fries with a brussel sprout appetizer ($10). Sprouts needed to be steamed another ten minutes. Burger was just ok. Not worth it. Server was a nice however, I won't be tempted to check out the place again when I visit.

1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We came for lunch before a tour of the Stanley. We got burgers and pulled pork. The menu was fairly limited - sandwiches and salads mostly, and a bit pricey. Despite those limitations, the food we got was delicious, and everyone enjoyed it. Several things on the menu were "not available" but we were at the end of lunch, so I hope that just means they are serving things fresh. If we are in the area again, I would come back. Sometimes it is good to know you are getting something that is good even if it is a little pricey.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great breakfast at Cascades. Food was great. Servers kept the water glasses and coffee cups filled. It took a little longer than I expected to get our food, but that wasn't a problem.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We spent a few hours at the Stanley and tasted some good wines. I suggest Southern Lady which is a very smooth Cab. Our waiter suggested we try the special for the night a fillet with 2 large prawns. The steak was the very best ever. We had eaten at Elway's a few days prior aanr I thought that steak was great. The restaurant at the Stanley had it beat.