“Dinner was Delicious ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Audubon
Description: Located in the Historic Crags Lodge, the View is an established, destination restaurant for many people living along the front range. Dining is casual yet elegant and offers the best view of the surrounding mountains and downtown Estes Park through it's ninety foot wall of windows. Our bar opens at 4:00 PM and Happy Hour is from 4-6. The menu is an eclectic mix of unique entrees such as the Signature Short Ribs, Duck Confit, Roasted Eggplant Dip and our signature Cobbler. Gluten free and vegetarian options available. Only fresh, local ingredients are used in the menu and the staff is welcoming and friendly. The View is a perfect mix of atmosphere, views, excellent food and fine wine.
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We went to The View Restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were looking for a special evening and were not disappointed. The server was attentive but not intrusive. We started with salads - both the Caesar and the Apple Gorganzola were fresh and tasty. The Sea Bass was as good as I have ever had. The Short Ribs were tender and flavorful. Be sure to save room for the peach cobbler.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I live here and heard good things about the place since it was bought. Found an opportunity to try it our with friends. Definitely underwhelmed would be the best way to describe it. Menu is somewhat limited and the prices were, by town standards, on the high side. We all had salads which were fine. The waitperson was maybe a wee bit too intrusive, chatting away which we hate yet somehow never filling our wineglasses. He did manage to spill the bottle however. Ordered the chicken, fish, short ribs and lamb porterhouse none of which was particularly memorable. Would not go back preferring Mary's Lake lodge with its more varied menu and nicer atmosphere

1  Thank SNG56
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is in the back of an historic hotel. It has a very rustic charm.

The staff are super friendly and very attentive. I sy mussel, so I ate at the bar.

What an amazing view from the edge of my seat. (The view room my breath away, forgot to take picture of my short ribs).

The Zin that the bartender recommended was very good (Mr. Wayne, nice kid, why the Mister for a 26 years old is beyondme)

The short rib was not what I expected, but amazing nevertheless. Nice tender air on top of mag potato/carrot and amazing gravy. YUM.

The only disappointment was that trip advisor has the wrong menu posted. Had me expecting something completely different. I am attaching the correct menu.

The window seats would be very romantic setting if you bring your love ones here for dinner.

Bon appetit.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

It does have breathtaking views. We ate here our last night for dinner. It is expensive, but the food and service was wonderful. We had 4 adults and 3 children. The children loved the appetizer with flash fried spinach. The chef even came out to explain how he made it so they could try it at home. Very nice!
Some of the meals we had were the lobster lasagna, filet, sea bass, ribs. Everything was fantastic! Drinks were great as well. The only thing I would suggest for the menu would be a few more items on the kids menu, like a steak for them. Our little girls split the adult filet and added fries, which was fine for us. They loved every bite, but it might be nice to have as one of their choices. We will eat here again!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This was our first dinner in town. We were excited due to the reviews online. This restaurant is chef owned and Im usually excited about that. The presentation of meals were very nice and I could tell the chef is highly skilled. However all the items we ordered over salted. Im aware that meals must be seasoned but this was just too much salt. I would try this place again but would graciously ask that not much salt be used. Beautiful views and nice dining room.

1  Thank Jrodrigez