“Dinner with special friends outstanding at this resturant”

The View Restaurant at the Historic Crags Lodge
Ranked #21 of 136 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$26 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Audubon
Description: Located in the Historic Crags Lodge, the View is an established, destination restaurant for many people living along the front range. Dining is casual yet elegant and offers the best view of the surrounding mountains and downtown Estes Park through it's ninety foot wall of windows. Our bar opens at 4:00 PM and Happy Hour is from 4-6. The menu is an eclectic mix of unique entrees such as the Signature Short Ribs, Duck Confit, Roasted Eggplant Dip and our signature Cobbler. Gluten free and vegetarian options available. Only fresh, local ingredients are used in the menu and the staff is welcoming and friendly. The View is a perfect mix of atmosphere, views, excellent food and fine wine.
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Wanted to show off our beautiful unique town and dinner at special place...The View was fabulous! The service was outstanding starting with Jonathan and then Crystal was very attentive and attention to every detail...we felt pampered by her service.
The food outstanding, the spinach/artichoke appetizer is a must. Peach Cobbler yummy. Wine list very good.
The ambience and views of mountains were just what we were looking for. Highly recommend this experience in dining.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

After reading several reviews, I was concerned about making a reservation for this restaurant. However, I'm glad I over-rode my concerns and did so. My wife and I a had very good experience. For the first course, she chose the corn fritters and I had the Normandy Brie soup w/Truffle Oil. The fritters were light and particularly tasty with the dipping sauce. While the soup was slightly thinner than I expected, it was very nicely flavored. For the main course, she had the short rib. The only disappointment was they were out of rainbow carrots and had to substitute asparagus. I had the lamb chops which were two nice T bone chops. It was one of the best lamb dishes I've had. We decided to have dessert and ordered the Godiva brownie which turned out to be the largest brownie (over 6" square) that I have received in a restaurant. We actually took half of it back to the hotel with us. My only complaint was the wine list which was small and to me over-priced with a markup of over 300%.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We went to The View Restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were looking for a special evening and were not disappointed. The server was attentive but not intrusive. We started with salads - both the Caesar and the Apple Gorganzola were fresh and tasty. The Sea Bass was as good as I have ever had. The Short Ribs were tender and flavorful. Be sure to save room for the peach cobbler.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I live here and heard good things about the place since it was bought. Found an opportunity to try it our with friends. Definitely underwhelmed would be the best way to describe it. Menu is somewhat limited and the prices were, by town standards, on the high side. We all had salads which were fine. The waitperson was maybe a wee bit too intrusive, chatting away which we hate yet somehow never filling our wineglasses. He did manage to spill the bottle however. Ordered the chicken, fish, short ribs and lamb porterhouse none of which was particularly memorable. Would not go back preferring Mary's Lake lodge with its more varied menu and nicer atmosphere

1  Thank SNG56
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is in the back of an historic hotel. It has a very rustic charm.

The staff are super friendly and very attentive. I sy mussel, so I ate at the bar.

What an amazing view from the edge of my seat. (The view room my breath away, forgot to take picture of my short ribs).

The Zin that the bartender recommended was very good (Mr. Wayne, nice kid, why the Mister for a 26 years old is beyondme)

The short rib was not what I expected, but amazing nevertheless. Nice tender air on top of mag potato/carrot and amazing gravy. YUM.

The only disappointment was that trip advisor has the wrong menu posted. Had me expecting something completely different. I am attaching the correct menu.

The window seats would be very romantic setting if you bring your love ones here for dinner.

Bon appetit.