“Dinner with special friends outstanding at this resturant”

The View Restaurant at the Historic Crags Lodge
Ranked #18 of 140 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$26 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Audubon
Description: At The Historic Crags Lodge you'll get a real sense of history combined with the very essence of some of the most spectacular and picturesque panoramas nature has to offer. Ideally located in the heart of Estes Park on the north side of Prospect Mountain, this serene retreat getaway is only 12 miles from the famous Rocky Mountain National Park. The "Crags" has truly established itself as part of the history of this area, first opening its doors on the fourth of July 1914. This makes The Historic Crags Lodge the third oldest lodge in Estes Park. The founder of the Lodge, Joe Mills, and his brother Enos were largely responsible for establishing the Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Restaurant and venue is ideally located in the heart of Estes Park on the North side of Prospect Mountain. Breathtaking mountain views and the view of Estes Park surround you, making this the perfect location for your special event.
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Wanted to show off our beautiful unique town and dinner at special place...The View was fabulous! The service was outstanding starting with Jonathan and then Crystal was very attentive and attention to every detail...we felt pampered by her service.
The food outstanding, the spinach/artichoke appetizer is a must. Peach Cobbler yummy. Wine list very good.
The ambience and views of mountains were just what we were looking for. Highly recommend this experience in dining.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

After reading several reviews, I was concerned about making a reservation for this restaurant. However, I'm glad I over-rode my concerns and did so. My wife and I a had very good experience. For the first course, she chose the corn fritters and I had the Normandy Brie soup w/Truffle Oil. The fritters were light and particularly tasty with the dipping sauce. While the soup was slightly thinner than I expected, it was very nicely flavored. For the main course, she had the short rib. The only disappointment was they were out of rainbow carrots and had to substitute asparagus. I had the lamb chops which were two nice T bone chops. It was one of the best lamb dishes I've had. We decided to have dessert and ordered the Godiva brownie which turned out to be the largest brownie (over 6" square) that I have received in a restaurant. We actually took half of it back to the hotel with us. My only complaint was the wine list which was small and to me over-priced with a markup of over 300%.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We went to The View Restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were looking for a special evening and were not disappointed. The server was attentive but not intrusive. We started with salads - both the Caesar and the Apple Gorganzola were fresh and tasty. The Sea Bass was as good as I have ever had. The Short Ribs were tender and flavorful. Be sure to save room for the peach cobbler.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I live here and heard good things about the place since it was bought. Found an opportunity to try it our with friends. Definitely underwhelmed would be the best way to describe it. Menu is somewhat limited and the prices were, by town standards, on the high side. We all had salads which were fine. The waitperson was maybe a wee bit too intrusive, chatting away which we hate yet somehow never filling our wineglasses. He did manage to spill the bottle however. Ordered the chicken, fish, short ribs and lamb porterhouse none of which was particularly memorable. Would not go back preferring Mary's Lake lodge with its more varied menu and nicer atmosphere

1  Thank SNG56
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is in the back of an historic hotel. It has a very rustic charm.

The staff are super friendly and very attentive. I sy mussel, so I ate at the bar.

What an amazing view from the edge of my seat. (The view room my breath away, forgot to take picture of my short ribs).

The Zin that the bartender recommended was very good (Mr. Wayne, nice kid, why the Mister for a 26 years old is beyondme)

The short rib was not what I expected, but amazing nevertheless. Nice tender air on top of mag potato/carrot and amazing gravy. YUM.

The only disappointment was that trip advisor has the wrong menu posted. Had me expecting something completely different. I am attaching the correct menu.

The window seats would be very romantic setting if you bring your love ones here for dinner.

Bon appetit.