“The best sweet potato fries”

Trailhead Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Trailhead Restaurant can be entered from the gift shop. At the Trailhead you may enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and beverages, including regionally brewed and national brand beers, served from our Old West log bar. The experience of the Trailhead will be unforgettable as you dine surrounded by a panorama of towering mountains and the nearby seductive high peaks and forests of Rocky Mountain National Park.For those wanting a truly remarkable dining experience, try a meal on our expansive log and stone pillar open-air deck. From your table you will be treated to a magnificent view of mountains soaring above Fall River as it winds past forests, meadows and grazing wildlife. To the east you will see Fall River Valley bordered by mountains. To the west are majestic high peaks with a glimpse of Trail Ridge Road, leading to the Continental Divide and all that awaits you ahead in the Park, including the region’s highest mountain: Long’s Peak.While enjoying your meal or drink, have a park meal prepared, packed and ready-to-go when you are. Or, if a visit to our restaurant is not possible, you may simply want to take snacks, coffee, or other beverages and one of our packaged lunches with you. Don’t forget dessert!
Reviewed 9 December 2015

We stopped here for lunch one of the days we were staying in Estes Park. We both found the food really good. The sweet potato fries were some of the best we've ever had. Service was timely. The place was clean. Attached is a picture of my meal. If we ever are in the area, we'll stop there again for lunch.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

We were tired after a long day so decided to try the Trailhead restaurant as it was close to our resort. We were seated outside on the deck so we could enjoy the beautiful view of the mountains. Our server was friendly and attentive, but the food was not good. I had a steak (ribeye I think), which I ordered medium rare but it came out well done. So I sent that back, giving me plenty of time to concentrate on the flavorless mashed potatoes, dry corn bread, and a little salad with some type of spicy dressing. When my new steak came out, it was cooked properly but incredibly fatty. I ate what I could but was disappointed. My husband got the Trailhead burger, which was also overcooked and, at 1/3 pound, too small for the large bun. And the Jack and Diet I ordered was a shocking $8.00! You're better off enjoying the view in the park and finding somewhere else to eat.

1  Thank Carib0906
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

We had a light lunch here today. Rueben and soup. Both were good. Service was good. Interior is very nicely appointed as what I would call "mountain restaurant". Views of the valley below are nice.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We ate lunch here one day. Was very good food and cute / nice interior of restaurant. The view in the restaurant is beautiful of the mountains and pine trees. There is a large open air balcony to enjoy eating out on when the weather is warm. We were there in October, so alittle chilly out side. Was in the high 50"s so ate inside which still had good views with large picture windows. Prices are very good along with food selections. Was told by a local that they stay open all winter long. We would highly recommend this restaurant for Lunch or Dinner.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We had read reviews that the food was not so good...but the view was so pretty we figured, "how bad could it be?" It was pretty bad. French fries are processed, wild game burger was overcooked, mac-n-cheese was literally Kraft or something like that...ie: from a box!! I had a nice beer though...maybe good for drinks?