“Amazing Trout”

Rock Inn Mountain Tavern
Ranked #12 of 140 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week at 4pm Sunday Mornings we are serving Brunch from 10am to 2pm Built in 1937as a dance hall for the Big Band Era, The Rock continues to be a lively gathering place with local flair. In the winter, our two wood-burning stoves keep the room toasty for folks stopping in for a beer or a bite after playing in Rocky Mountain National Park. During the summer season we enjoy stunning continental divide views from our outdoor dining patio. Our menu is an ever evolving blend of hand-crafted, hearty comfort food with a health and planet conscious twist. We aim to fill you up with goodness so you can get back to enjoying the mountains again tomorrow. We feature Certified Angus Beef, All-Natural Colorado chicken, fresh salads, whole grains, organic teas and coffees, local beers, sustainably produced wines, and a full bar. On Many Fridays after dinner, we set-up one of many original Colorado bands on our 76 year old stage, clear the dance floor and boogie all night. Some of the bands playing these days include Chain Station, James and the Devil, Old Town Pickers, The Sweet Lillies, Stringboard Theory, Cadillac Grip Funk, KC Groves, and many more. During the summer time, acoustic music acts play most other nights of the week, sunday nights are a mellower feeling as we host acoustic Colorado songwriters during dinner. You might catch Jon Pickett, Alex Thoele, Sarah Caton, Jay Roemer, Billy Shaddox, Jay Stott, or Terry Kishiyama and Ash Ganley. We also offer a great open bluegrass pick on Thursday nights lead by a few talented local musicians, either joining in on the pick or just sitting back and enjoying the bluegrass, tuesdays are a funny night of music. We look forward to having you join us. Reservations are not accepted, however if you want to give us a call, when you are on your way we will be happy to get a table ready for you or put you on the list. During the off-season there is rarely a wait. In July, August, and September it is best to get here before 6.
Reviewed 14 July 2017

A few days ago we ate at the Rock Inn Mountain Tavern and were absolutely thrilled with our experience. We went for the trout. I had the dil and my son the cajun. Both were simply divine! Our waitress was outstanding. We used the advice from a review on Trip Advisor to call ahead when we were on our way and we got right in and didn't have to wait in the 40 minute line. We recommend getting there before 6 p.m. The gentleman on acoustic guitar was also very enjoyable. Great place! Parking was a bit of an issue.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

New friends and I ate here for dinner. I've driven by it several times and thought the outside presence might not be what I was looking for. Don't judge a book by its cover! The food is outstanding. I had the Cajun trout with Yukon gold mashed potatoes and it came with green beans. My friend had a New York strip, which I sampled! All was delicious. Salads were fresh. They have French pressed coffee, also perfect. The inside decor was not what I expected. Lodge feel with timbers and log looking ceiling. Very nice look for the mountains. They have organic and gluten free choices, as well. If ever in Estes Park, I recommend eating here. I don't believe they take reservations and it's a popular spot. The wait can be awhile.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We rolled into town tired and hungry. The Rock Inn was suggested to us, and our hostess called and booked it for us. They offer some food items that we weren't familiar with. I had meatloaf, a friend had bison, one had chicken, and others had burgers. All of the food was good and the atmosphere was enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Went around 8pm and there was about a 15-20 min wait which wasn't bad. Had the trout with dill butter and polenta and it was excellent. My husband had the trout cajun style with red potatoes and he loved it as well. Nice bar and beer selection too. Kids got the salmon from the kids menu. They had run out of mashed sweet potatoes but not a big deal. My kids weren't too thrilled about their meal. Salmon was too bland for them. Would go again and make the kids order something else.
Overall it's a nice laid back place to eat. We spent the day hiking in the mountains and it was nice to go somewhere with a relaxed atmosphere with good food and not worry about what we looked like after a long day hiking.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews and my BFF even texted to go here. We walked in at 7pm last night and it was so freaking hot! They don't have an air conditioner. I can't comment on the food but I can say if you are a middle aged woman you might want to visit in the winter