Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$149
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$231
Columbine Inn(Estes Park)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$153
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$280
BestWestern.com
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$206
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$168
Official Site
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
US$299
US$239
Groupon.com
  • Restaurant
Brynwood on the River(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$188
The Baldpate Inn(Estes Park)
US$150
Priceline
All reviewsthe newly remodeled roomsroom suitehot tublabor day weekendthe hotel staffwould stay here againbeds were comfortablea great place to stayenjoyed our stayestesmotellodgefridgerockiesinternetdowntownaccommodations
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have three complaints about the room I stayed in:

1) the walls were paper thin - I could very clearly hear people speaking outside of my room, I could hear footsteps, I could hear every noise the guests in the next room made. Thankfully, human activity quieted down early so it didn't remain an issue and I was able to fall asleep by 10pm ( for a very early, very long commute the next day).

2) the mini-fridge made a loud humming sound randomly - this was a minor annoyance that I mitigated by sleeping with the TV on to drown out the noise.

3) the room was pricey - for the quality of this room I would expect to pay less. I've stayed at some really nice places for $153 a night (the cost of this room). I've also stayed in rooms for $100 or less per night for the same quality as this room. I realize places like Estes Mountain Lodge get away with this because Estes Park is tourist town - everything books up fast and people are willing to pay it - but still - I was not happy about it. Next time I will just plan earlier and stay in a nicer place for the same price (and not feel like I'm being taken advantage of).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry for the cross noise from rooms to rooms. Our walls have been insulated but we still haven't figured out a way to control the volume of the TV and voices of other guests.

The refrigerator is only 60 days old, and so we will have it checked out, thank you.

We appreciate everyone's visit and business and yes, you are right. Estes Park is a tourist town and all the businesses only have a short window (5 months) to make money and pay the year round expenses. If you check out a booking website you will find that our prices are inline with similar style motels and that we are most times lower as it is under new ownership and name.

Again, thank you for your comments, that is how we get better.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Our room was not ready when they said it would be, the lady checking in people was flustered with the housekeeping staff, there was no bathroom in the lobby for customers, the hot tub was not hot the first night, The air conditioner did not work right and made a lot of noise, I asked for a Mountain View and got a view of the hotel next door, asked for a large bed, got 2 doubles in a 2 room suite that I didn't need. That said, the bed was comfy, I liked the games outside, it was nice to have something to do while we waited for our room. I am sure with the new renovations there are still some issues and it's probably way nicer than it was, but I was not impressed and probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that the front desk was expressing her frustration while you were there. I checked the Guest Notes and only noticed that you booked through Booking.com and that through them you booked a non-smoking double bed. If you made a request upon arrive I am guessing that there was not anything more to your liking like the bigger bed and view available. I also don't know what time you were trying to check in, but our check-in time is after 3:30 pm which allows housekeeping to prepare the room during the day.

Unfortunately, we never know when we are going to have a flat tire, thus is the case with the A/C and the hot tub. The hot tub was fixed during the day, as you mentioned and the A/C is being addressed now based on your comments.

Thanks for your comments that allow us to correct the issues.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Yes, it is a motel, but it has a family run feel. It was very clean and you could tell they have been renovating the rooms. Is it the Ritz, no. The two room accommodation that we stayed in was perfect for myself, my husband and two teenage daughters. Our room was the only one that had a porch on the back, which was nice to use in the evening just relaxing. A table would be a good addition to the back porch. The beds were very comfortable. The only downside was temperature. The air conditioning did not get very cold.

Stayed: July 2017

Thanks for your comments. We try very hard to make all our guests feel comfortable and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The newly renovated rooms look great. Beds are comfortable. Our room actually had 2 bedrooms, each with separate air conditioner and tv. The bathrooms looks nice and new but the vanity is small. The shower was great.

We checked in very late (about 1030) and management had left an envelope outside the office with my name on it. Very considerate.

Overall good stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for noticing our remodeled rooms and appreciating our late check-in procedure.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This was a "nice" place to stay. The facilities were older but had recently been renovated. The term "lodge" is somewhat misleading. The term motel would be more descriptive. There is no view basically and the hot tub was so dirty that I didn't want to go near it.

The staff was helpful but only on duty until 9 pm.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

I am sorry to hear about the hot tub issues. I do know that we had a pump/filter problem but during that time the room should have been locked. We do have someone checking the Pool and Hot Tub daily to insure the chemicals are correct, and it is possible we didn't do our job.

Thanks for letting us know because that is how we get better.