“Basic motel that is clean but expensive”

Estes Mountain Lodge
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Spent one night here. The room was clean and had nice toiletries. Good location. The "Estes Park experience, " including this motel, is expensive, so a better bed (the one in our room sagged in the middle) would've been nice. Also, the internet was weak, and the room appeared to have electrical problems. At random intervals, the fridge would surge, causing the TV to cut on and off randomly. Our room was right on the highway and the walls were thin, so it was noisy.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank FLBeachWanderer
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. I have checked our Guest comment log located in our Office and I don't see these comments. I look there so I can locate your room and check these things out. I would appreciate it if you have the time to email me at info@estesmountainlodge.com with you name or room number so we can address these issues.

Thanks agian for helping us become better.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We came to stay at Estes Mountain Lodge as a weekend getaway for our anniversary. The property has recently been completely renovated and is tastefully and thoughtfully
appointed. We had a 2-bdrm suite with comfortable sofa and armchair to relax and watch TV at night. Each bedroom also had cable TV and storage for clothing. We had a delightful dining room area with seating for probably 6 people and a small kitchen with all the staple cooking supplies you would need to make a great meal. The property is very close to RM National Park, aswell as all attractions in the town. Would highly recommend this place for a relaxing vacation. The staff we encountered were very polite and accommodating and our suite was very clean and comfortable. We are looking forward to returning here in the future, thank you!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you for noticing the details that went into the renovations and that everything met your expectations. We also appreciate the fact that you were pleased with our Staff's efforts and helpfulness.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

My wife and I reserved a room at the Estes Mountain Lodge for three nights in mid September. We wanted a fourth night, but no availability. When we checked in, I again mentioned that we were interested in a fourth night.
The afternoon of our last day, I received a voicemail that a (different) room had opened up for the fourth night and they had set it aside for us.
During our stay there, our focus was on Rocky Mountain National Park, and we were always out before the office opened and back at the hotel pretty late. So we packed up our stuff, put our initial room key in the after hours box and left for the park. This was now Friday morning.
We did stop into the office in mid-morning to take care of the paperwork for the extra night stay. I paid the bill ahead of time and received a room key (we weren't going to be back to the room until late in the evening), then we continued on with our day in the park.
We got back to the hotel about 8 pm (office usually open until 9). Parked by our new room, went to the door and opened it with my room key. To my surprise (SHOCK), the room light was on and there were belongings covering the bed. No people in sight and no screaming, so I quickly closed the door and walked to the office. (My wife stayed in the car, and 5 minutes later an eldery couple went into the room).
In the office, I told the night receptionist that someone was in my room and gave her my key. She was able to sort out the records and confirm that I had indeed rented and paid for the room in question, and that the room had been double booked. There was no discussion about moving the other people out of our room, and there were no other 'available' rooms at the hotel.
After calling the night manager and some compassionate 'command decisions', the night receptionist and another hotel employee offered to prep another room in the hotel that they could have available by about 9 pm. There was also an option to check for a room at an adjacent hotel. We were leaving very early the next morning for South Dakota, so we agreed to wait for their room.
There was some conversation about compensation or billing adjustment for the incident, but I was told that the manager would call me the next day, and we left it at that.
We did leave very early the next morning. I left a note and an extra tip in the room for the night receptionist and the other employee that helped us.
We were very fortunate that a bad situation wasn't a much worse situation. If I would have walked into the room with the other couple there, it could have been have really frightening for the other couple. If the office would have closed early like it was the night that we first arrived, it would have been a difficult night.
It is now a week later, and no phone call from hotel management, so I'm posting here. The night receptionist and her associate were outstanding and made the best of a bad situation. They were outstanding. Not so much for management.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Good day Robert,

First I want to apologize for the Booking Error which appears to have happened online. I hate to say it but it rarely occurs especially when there are several 3rd party Booking Engines and the time delay between our system and theirs. Second, I want to apologize for the miscommunication between our Staff and you that night. I was involved from the start of the problem and continued most of the night trying to locate the problem as well as set-up compensation for your inconvenience.

Our instructions to our Front Desk and one of our Housekeeping Staff was to offer you another room and if you accepted our solution that they could make it ready for you, which they did. I do appreciate your understanding and patience while they completed the task.

During our conversation with our Staff we advised them that we were going to make an adjustment to your last night's room charge "in the morning" and that it will take 3 to 5 working days to show up on your Credit card Statement. Perhaps it came across that we were going to call you "in the morning", and for that miscommunication, we are sorry you were patiently waiting for our call.

According to our records we processed a substantial credit to your Credit Card on file with-in 24 hours. We trust that you have received this credit as of this writing.

We appreciate that you were able to recognize the "willing to do whatever is necessary" for Guest satisfaction that we instill in our Staff as well as your understanding.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I visited over July 4th Weekend 2017, for my first trip into Rocky Mountain National Park. The price is great for the area and the accommodations are very clean and comfortable. The staff is extra helpful, from leaving my keys for me in a drop box because I was arriving late to showing me everything I need to know about Rocky Mountain State Park and the surrounding Area. The Jacuzzi is AMAZING after a long day of hiking. This place is less than ten minutes from the park entrance which is fantastic for getting in and out of the park quickly. I will always stay here when I go back to the Rockies and I highly recommend it for anyone going to the area.

Room Tip: Every Room is equally Great as they are all on the ground level, close to the parking lot and the ro...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thanks for your great review. We are very happy with our Staff, from Housekeeping to Front Desk, making the extra effort for your comfort.

Look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The bed was so very comfortable, and the shower was great. The views are good. Unlike some of the newer construction, I could not hear anything through the walls or front window. How nice.

This is a no-frills motel. No breakfast or exercise room. But, it is perfectly adequate. They do have a heated outdoor pool and spa.

I opted for a King sized bed room. There is no table or chair in the room, but there is a microwave and fridge. The water tastes good, as does the in-room coffee packet. Look for the hair dryer under the sink rather than on the wall.

There is a Safeway grocery store and 7-11 about 6 blocks away, as well as a few restaurants.

If you just want a place to rest after a day full of activity, this is a great place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Estes Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thanks for your Great comments. We appreciate your comments and your business. Table and chairs are on the way (back ordered)

Thanks and hope to see you again,