“Great Prime Rib & Ribeye”

Twin Owls Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Twin Owls Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 34 Bypass
Description: Twin Owls Steakhouse is located at the Black Canyon Inn and housed in a recently renovated 1920's log cabin. We blend the tradition of family, the celebration of friends and the finest cuisine in Estes Park for a warm and unique experience. We offer many options for your unforgettable event. Private Event Dining available for 20-55 guests or reserve the entire Restaurant for events of 75-185 guests.
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a visit to Estes Park. We visited Twin Owls Starkhouse while we were there! The ambiance was great and the food very good!

Our waiter was also very attentive and friendly.

TwinOwls, Owner at Twin Owls Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Lovely, lodge atmosphere but I'll agree with several other people who rated Twin Owls Steakhouse, it is a tiny bit noisy ~ food was very good but not exceptional ~ all round, it was a very nice experience ! ! !

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We found this to be a beautiful and somewhat pricey eatery. We came here because friends had recommended it for good steaks. And we remembered coming here years ago and we were very impressed at that time. Times change. Our meals were okay, but we found the noise level annoying after a while. Service was also okay. I think for the money, we'll consider another spot for our night out.

Thank you for posting a review about the Twin Owls. We are sorry you found flaws with your time at the Twin Owls but we hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We made reservations for 5:30pm and I am glad we did make reservations and also for an early hour.
We were there for a good 2 hours and left the place at 7:30pm. 3 glasses of wine later and with amazing food in my belly.
You really get what you pay for!
We got a bruschetta for an appetizer. And ordered quite quickly. I believe we waited a good 30 minutes for our appetizer. A little bit long in my opinion. But waiting was worth it. After the bruschetta my husband had a Caesar salad with a very aromatic dressing. I had a creamy chicken jalapeño soup. Delicious! With that afterwards came my husbands 4x4 with potatoes lobster tail and beef steak. The beef was well seasoned and melted in your mouth! We share our dinner a lot so we have a Good variety of flavor. I had the elk medallions with sweet potato. Very delicious and tender.
Besides the food it was pretty good service. Cute location as well.
Feel like if you not necessarily dress too fancy you might get the vibe of being treated a little differently in my opinion.... Our waiter for example didn't inform us about today's specials or did not show us the display deserts either. The table next to us did. Keep in mind the gentlemen did not even take his hat off inside. We were dressed clean and casual maybe it's because we are a younger couple not sure . Will come back here tough and maybe pull out some more makeup and a dress I guess and put my husband in a suit haha :) maybe for my birthday in May!

TwinOwls, Owner at Twin Owls Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Happy Anniversary!! Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review - we really appreciate it! We are so pleased you had a great meal and a great time at The Twin Owls and we hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Since we were in the west, we thought getting steak would be a good choice, not so. Although this has the best reviews on TA, it was a disappointment. The bread served with the salad was fresh and warm which is a plus. When the ribeye steaks arrived, they were thin which is never a good sign for me. My husband asked for no vegetables and low and behold, they were on the plate. The butter on the steak didn't add to the steak and when a steak is ordered rare, it never melts and just looks gross. The meat had an ok flavor but was a bit tough. Our waitress wa a bit flighty, she slid to our table at her first appearance and told us she had put in our appetizer order. We had just sat down. I believe the folks that had been there asked for a different table. My husband asked for a Coke and she said "he" would deliver it. After about 10 minutes another waitress brought it over and asked if we had ordered it. Still don't know the full story. After the food was delivered she flew by once asking how it tasted.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Whether it was a great experience or not, we are thankful for the feedback. We hope you will be back again soon to try us again.

Been to Twin Owls Steakhouse? Share your experiences!