“Clean and comfortable, just the basics”
Review of Columbine Inn

Columbine Inn
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Well situated from Estes Park into Rocky Mountain National Park and close to restaurants, the motel was fresh and spotless with a fridge but no coffee maker or microwave in the unit, (if you happen to want them). The wi-fi was not dependable but a problem with the tv was addressed quickly. Breakfast was basic but our stay was quiet and comfortable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Price is good, manager is very friendly, rooms small but adequate, standard motel, clean. But at many times wifi is awful, ok at 6am but at regular hours good luck even with straight email, needs an upgrade for me. Tv was poor, john tried to fix but there just seemed poor selection. Breakfast just a simple grab and go!
Stay here if wifi not part of your regular life when u travel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

From the friendly manager to the sitting area to the fluffy striped towels, this reminded me of staying in Grandma's spare room. The people (including the other guests) were down-to-earth and informative. We were able to eat breakfast with the many elk that passed by our windows each morning. Breakfast was prepackaged muffins, cold cereal, oj, tea and coffee. It's definitely cheaper than the downtown motels because it is closer to the edge of town and not part of a large chain.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017

For folks looking for a no frills, reasonably priced, very clean, and quiet place, this is a great choice. Staying here is like stepping back in time to a simpler world. The room was very basic but extremely clean and fresh. The owner, John, runs the place himself and is there every day and has been for 20 years. Hanging out in the Gazebo was a pleasant way to finish the busy day. If you want a place that stands out from others in it's own unique way, give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017

So I am no stranger to motels, and I have stayed in plenty of affordable kitchy, locally owned small establishments (and in fact I prefer them) so this is not some fancy hotel diva complaining about comfort...it's simply the truth of my experience.

Sleep quality was less than desirable. Pillows USELESS, they shouldn't be considered pillows. Flat is the only way to describe them. There are only two and even both combined don't equal one normal pillow. The bed was...well odd and obviously old. The center was firm but the edges were soft and perhaps sort of broken down so if you rolled to the edge you just kept going. I actually slid off the bed twice! How two people would sleep on that bed is beyond me. The comfort of the bed otherwise was about slightly less than average...It didn't make me wake up in pain but it wasn't memorable either. The room itself is small but that's okay for a short stay. One thing I found honestly annoying, no bedside tables. Instead, there was this silly triangular corner shelf that wasn't even within reach of the bed and honestly useless. It was a nuisance and a thoughtless design.

It seems clean. The bathroom was very clean. The rest of the room was hard to tell since its old dark blue carpet...but it smelled clean, no musty smell and no overwhelming cleaner smell.

It was quiet, the internet worked well

Its a good deal for Estes Park and if you are staying two or three days it's acceptable but nothing to brag about. I think if I come back I would pay a bit more for more comfort.

And one other note. When I arrived I was tired from driving 14 hours. I enter the check in office. An older gentleman comes out from the back and says nothing...not hello, no welcome to the whatever...he just stares at me. I say I have a reservation and he says "I hope so" and still says nothing else, not ask me my name nothing he just stares at me. I give him my name and since I wasn't in the mood to deal with some grumpy dude I started being overly nice to him to see if I could get him to crack...he finally stopped acting like he was disinterested in having a paying customer...but too late, he totally turned me off to the place. The motel isn't that impressive so being met with grumpy pants right off the bat...I was over it before it started.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo