“Extra Amenities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2011

“Extra Amenities”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We enjoyed our first trip to Gilded Pine Meadows four years ago so much that we extended the three-day reservations to ten and returned as soon as we could. The warm, cozy atmosphere and friendly accommodating hosts made us believe that we were visiting beloved family.

There are two well furnished bedrooms, private off-street parking, a large tree filled yard, and many other amenities. The wide well-lighted sun porch, perfect for reading, sketching, and conversation has a white embossed metal stove that Eric uses to build a cozy fire each night. In the daytime you can watch elk from the porch while they roam in and eat grass in the yard.

We like the Boyd room: turn-of-the-century furnished, complete with a period white iron bed frame holding a comfortable mattress and draped with airy, embroidered curtains. A dress and hat worn by Fanny Boyd accented the décor. A generous sized skylight over the twin sinks plus a large, claw-foot tub floods the bath with light. Generous, fluffy towels and washcloths complete the bath experience.

Caprissa and Eric serve delicious breakfasts, made even better by the conversations after eating. The hosts take turns with breakfast preparations and both are good cooks. (Be sure and ask Eric to make his German pancakes. Umm!)

Estes Park boasts quite a few haunted sites, the Stanley Hotel, residence of Stephen King while he wrote "The Shining," being the most famous. I never believed in ghosts. After staying at Gilded Pine Meadows, though, I changed my mind.

Each time we stayed there, we had an unexplainable and most vivid "haunting" experience in which I felt and saw a spirit. The experiences were unforgettable and we consider them an “extra amenity.” They only increase our desire to return to Gilded Pine Meadows. Whatever I encountered was benign and like Caprissa and Eric, seemed like family.

Gilded Pine Meadows is one of our favorites out of over 150 B&Bs in which we have stayed in the US and other countries. I heartily recommend GPM to anyone who wants a relaxing and comfortable stay. If you are lucky, you might also get the “extra amenities.”

Room Tip: Ask for the Boyd Room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ixprss
Caprissa, Owner at Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

You are a doll! Thank you for taking the time to do this. You're a blessing to us and we truly appreciate your openness with us. Please come see or sense us "ALL" again. Our love.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Good food. Good hosts. The host directed us to a very nice and long hike - very knowledgeable about both the town and Rocky Mtn National Park. The only downfall for us was the shower, which was pretty cool (European, I believe), but we are both tall and it was a bit of a tight fit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sallee_brown

Your feedback is appreciated. We will work at guiding people in the right direction when choosing a room. I agree--the Boyd suite is the best choice for people that are over 5 foot 8 or so. The Sterling and the cottage are small spaces. Again, thank you for taking the time to do this. You're a blessing to us and we look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 29 October 2010

My wife and I enjoy visiting places that are mom and pop owned, that come with full of history, stories, traditions and culture. Well, this is the real deal, and we are so excited to find such a lovely place.
The hosts showed great hospitality. We came back late every night, but they were up and greeted us every time. They had so many stories to tell about the house, their own walks of life, and interesting historical facts about Estest Park. Almost felt like a bed time story before my wife and I went to bed.
We love savory food, and I had a request on my reservations. Well, they read it and made wonderful and tasty savory breakfast every morning. We had quiche, eggs, bacon, and specially baked dishes every morning. It was so enjoyable that I could have spent all morning chatting and eating.
Everything was very nice. I would recommend this to anyone with only one concern. The house is historical, hence, everything is smaller than our current standards. That includes the bath, bed and room. My wife and I are smaller built and everything was just right.

1  Thank EEdmond
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Our four night stay produced many very pleasant memories. We will remember the delicious gourmet breakfasts. We will remember the beautiful, comfortable, Victorian room. Mostly we will remember a helpful informative innkeeper. We never got lost following his directions. We were never disappointed with his local restaurant or site seeing suggestions.
Over all staying at this bed and breakfast was a very pleasant experience and would certainly do it again.

Reviewed 8 October 2010

Great accomodations with plenty of peace and quiet if you choose. Breakfast were excellent, and the host was flexible to meet our schedule. Host was the owner and very knowledgable about the area, including the history of the house.