Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Hotel
US$319
View deal
TripadvisorUS$319
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
3,635 results
All reviews ghost tour stephen king cascades restaurant whiskey bar beautiful hotel the main hotel fourth floor ghost hunters haunted room paranormal activity hedge maze haunted hotel concert hall night tour bucket list great history hotel tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021

My fiancé and I are getting married at The Stanley Hotel in November. I have been trying since May to get ahold of someone about some questions I have regarding the itinerary and such the day of. We even scheduled a visit with the wedding coordinator and went out in May to tour it. When we got there, they had no idea we were coming out for a visit. After our trip our there I emailed them and got no response. I called a week later and they said they have a new wedding coordinator, so now I've been trying to get ahold of them. I've tried emailing and calling all sorts of different people at the hotel, and still have no answer and our wedding is in less than 4 months.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 14 July 2021

I love an old historic hotel, so I was really looking forward to our visit to The Stanley. Sadly, it was a huge disappointment.
There are zero amenities for guests, the restaurant doesn't even serve breakfast. "Because of Covid", there are no housekeeping services available, yet the hotel is jam packed with hundreds of visitors touring the hotel, from early in the morning to late evening. In fact, paying overnight guests can not even find an available seat at the bar or on the porch because there are so many people touring the hotel.
It feels like there are no staff members dedicated to paying guests, only to tour guests. Many times we had to find an alternate route to the lobby because the stairs were blocked with tour groups. Several times we had to park in a dirt parking lot because the main lot was filled to capacity.
Understandably, the "hauntings" are a big attraction, but for the rate we were charged for our room, it is an unacceptable inconvenience.
Will never be back, and would never recommend to anyone.

2  Thank kathykX8114YJ
Reviewed 12 July 2021

I worked in hotels for over 11 years. Mostly front office. To say I was disappointed in our stay is an understatement. Living in Colorado I have always wanted to stay at The Stanley. We were going for a bachelorette party the staff was horrible, the room was absolutely disgusting, the food was average but expensive and there are slim to no services currently available. Those services must include housekeeping. The state of the bathroom... SO. MUCH. HAIR. I mean 12” hair strands in the bathtub and on shower walls. The floor had not been cleaned and there was mold in the shower wall to go along with the hair. Paint was also 1/4 removed from the bath tub. There was a full amount of coffee k cups but they were all decaf, which is further proof housekeeping isn’t paying attention.

Some quotes from the front desk agent who was friendly but absolutely had no idea what his job was are: “I think this will deactivate all the previous keys” I was like “Uh you think? I need to make sure since we lost our keys in the envelope with the room number” he told me “Yeah I can’t guarantee that.”
He also told me “Oh man, I have had so many complaints about housekeeping today, let me send someone up.” In regard to my complaint about the room cleanliness. And they never came up.

Another issue is we had called so many times for help with setting up things for the bride to be. This was not a crazy party, she is actually underage so we were very low key. But we had ZERO HELP. No one could help with setting up amenities, reservations or even answering or returning a call.

We FINALLY were able to check in and we had to bring a ton of luggage in and we finally got situated on the elevator to go up and an employee had called for the elevator and it stopped and she told us we needed to get off with all the luggage because someone had called for a wheelchair. Now I understand that a wheelchair is a necessity but we were almost to our floor and she demanded we get off. I was STUNNED.

On a positive note, there was a man in engineering that was so helpful. He offered to take a group picture and did amazing, he talked with us about some fun hotel stories and he ran down the haunted room info for us when we were going to the haunted night tour. He worked alone on 7/10 the night shift, it was about 8:15 pm.

Deborah was wonderful when she checked us in for the tour. She was so friendly and made us feel welcome which was nice.
Arianna was our tour guide and man, this woman knows EVERYTHING about the hotel. And she made sure we all understood and always has the answer for questions. The passion which she spoke about that history of the hotel was impressive. She loves her job. She is amazing at it. She made our stay wonderful.

This hotel itself is one in a million. Being open with a temporary, terrible housekeeping staff, having front of the house employees not have information or knowledge of how to do a basic task is unacceptable. The hotel seemed like it was running on a skeleton staff. No room service, no turndown service and not even a clean room.
I will never, ever suggest anyone stay at The Stanley and it honestly pains me to say that. I worked at The Brown Palace for years and I understand historical hotels can break down bit by bit and things are always needing replacements but to have a 1star staff at a 4star hotel is absolutely unacceptable.
The lobby is gorgeous . The grounds are stunning, the ambiance is wonderful. The staff needs an upgrade.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank heathersH5590KE
Reviewed 11 July 2021

We have a condo in Estes and decided to head to the Stanley for a drink. We have done this for years. The bar area where we were seated was stacked with 30-40 dirty glasses. Bar area was not wiped when we sat down or at all during the 20 minutes we were there. We were told it was fine to sit outside. Tables outside were dirty and had not been wiped down. (Wonder if they have heard of COVID). Head server? (Short heavy set woman) Comes out 15 minutes later and says “I am sorry, we are fully booked” with a nasty tone. Walks away (no other tables were seated). When she returns a minute later I asked if we needed to move. Her response again in a nasty tone, “I am sorry, we are fully booked”. Shared we were told by the bartender that we could sit anywhere we want. ? We moved out front. When I went to cash out our tab the male bartender did not take the token I was holding out (from parking for 5 dollars off). Comes back with the tab and says “this is easier”. Proceeds to toss a five dollar bill at me l(literally throws it in front of me) and then under hands the token next to the register and bounces onto the floor. I didn’t even bother responding. Not going back. I get they are understaffed but there is no managerial oversight and the employees are flat out rude and nasty. I would avoid the Stanley at all costs. Sad that folks who visit will have to think this is the way Estes treats people.

1  Thank H7689MEbrianp
Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

Staff arrogance!
We have been to the Stanley many times for drinks but this time the person at the bar door acted as if she was a general. Once we figured out the rules we when in and tried to order drinks. But both bartenders could not acknowledge I was alive. Finally they got to me.
Then at 3:40pm some manager came by our table to ask if we “ had permission “ to sit at the table. Rude and arrogant.

Room tip: They don’t deserve your money
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GLGCortez