Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,654 results
All reviews ghost tour stephen king cascades restaurant whiskey bar beautiful hotel the main hotel fourth floor ghost hunters haunted room paranormal activity hedge maze haunted hotel concert hall night tour bucket list great history hotel tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel calls itself “historic” as an excuse for “poorly maintained.” We stayed in a King room the the Lodge building - and the room was not in good shape for $400+ per night. The website makes this look like an amazing property - but in reality, it’s very run down. When we complained about the room and how it didn’t match the website, the front desk told us the web is “advertising” and told us to upgrade to a suite (as added cost) if we wanted better. We would have been OK with the small room sizes given the age of the property - but these were too shabby. The first room we were in also smelled. They did move us to a room that didn’t smell as musty. But overall disappointed that management didn’t respond to feedback about the condition of the rooms when we escalated unless we agreed to spend more and upgrade. Especially given the price. We were extremely disappointed. Stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MickT81
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

Do not waste your money. Costs a fortune to stay here, rooms are old and need serious help. Our closet door is warped and wouldn't close. Staff did not seem to care. Very unfriendly and not helpful. We had 2 rooms, same name and type of room plus same price, yet beds in 1 room were huge, and room itself, and other room was so tiny we barely fit and beds were only double size. Staff did not seem to care, nothing they can do I was told. We had no coffee cups in our room, asked for some, 2 hours later still had none. I get it, all businesses are struggling now with no workers, but when you pay this much to stay at a hotel, you should be getting great service and a quality room. Very disappointed. Save your $$.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Llisah3325
Reviewed 21 July 2021

We booked Heritage Suite - very large bedroom, living room, dining, kitchenette. Park on that side of building for quick stairway to entrance to the rooms - very quiet. The room was sizable and clean. TV and window a/c unit which cooled room during heat wave stay. The lobby was comfortable, history rich and with fireplaces. Drinks on front porch with views. Dined at Cascades (make reservation) which was good. Busy hotel with tours, etc. but if you are into the history of hotel, it was worth the stay especially since it was close to Beaver Meadow Entrance.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

We stopped by for a snack and to see the hotel as we love The Shining. I had been there a few years ago and you could see the typewriter Jack used in the movie, stick your heads in the cardboard cutouts for the Redrum twins, etc. They have moved those things to places that require a paying tour to see them. The redrum red velvet cupcake from the snack bar was a little disappointing too.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 19 July 2021

I was so excited to stay here, but the happiness diminished when I checked in. I had already paid the one night's deposit on the required two night minimum stay and was told there would be a $200 "Incidental charge" added to my bill in case anything broke in my room. When I questioned this, I was told it's a historic hotel and sometimes things break. I questioned why I would have to pay for something if it breaks and they said it sometimes happens. They said housekeeping would check my room AFTER I left and if all is OK, they would release the $200 hold. Well, within minutes of checking in, my credit card was charged for the second night PLUS $200. This was not a "hold" as they had told me.

Parking was terrible. Even though we were staying at the hotel, good luck finding a parking space. There was a wedding there and we were lucky to find any place to park and had to park in a field. To me, when you are paying $347 per night, you should be guaranteed a parking space.

We asked if there was a luggage cart, when we checked in, and was told they don't have any bellhops and we'd have to find it ourselves. They could be found anyplace in the hotel so he wished us luck. Great customer service! We carried everything in ourselves.

Also, at check in, no information was given to us. Example: we found out by walking around that there were actually places to eat on the property. They never told us about walking out the back to see the water feature or the outside dining. Just so disappointing,

We were on the 4th floor and the air-conditioner they provide is so loud, it's difficult to sleep. The second night we had to turn it off and brought in our own fan that we had brought with us.

Upon checking out, I asked the manager to come and check out my room to make sure I didn't break anything as I wanted my $200 refunded to me. I was told they only have 30% of their staff now and they are short-handed. He said housekeeping would check out my room. Housekeeping was contacted and permission was given to release the hold. To protect myself, I wrote up my own document and had them sign off on it that all was in order. I'll see how long it takes to REFUND the $200 that they insist was a HOLD. It was not.

The front desk told me that ALL hotels put an "Incidental charge" hold on your credit card. I have been on a cross road trip for the past 25 days and have stayed in LOTS of hotels and NOT ONE has put an "incidentals" hold on my credit card. I told the Stanley Hotel this and they told me they all do it and I'm probably not aware of it. They are very condescending and I didn't appreciate it. I just checked into another Choice Hotel tonight and had this discussion with the front desk. They told me they DO NOT put any hold on my credit card for incidentals.

As for the hotel..... they do not clean very well. Maybe this is because they only have 30% of their staff. Tables in the lobby, as well as where we waited for our tour, were very dusty. Speaking of the tour..... that was the high point of staying there. We took the "Day" tour and our guide, Carl, was very informative. It was a great tour and he is an asset to the Stanley Hotel. The front desk people..... not so welcoming. Because of their rudeness, I would not stay there again. Pay the $10 to park and walk through the grounds and the hotel. There was no one at the booth to take any money when we left at 10:00 AM (on Sunday), so you might not even have to pay to park. Signs inside the hotel say you can only go upstairs if you're a registered guest, but it doesn't matter. Go explore, but I wouldn't recommend staying there. Beds were too soft, air-conditioning too loud, and you don't want anything to break or you'll be paying to fix it.

Room tip: Room 217-most haunted supposedly. Room 401 another haunted room. If you're into that.
1  Thank lovetodrive2018