“Simply outstanding”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fox Point
Description: telephone #401-273-9760Fodor's choice star rating
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have long wanted to go to Al Forno and finally planned to go. Although we were concerned about the lack of reservations, we called ahead and really had no wait on Friday night. It was a meal to remember and we were simply blown away by the menu selections, the food quality, but probably most on the service. Ron was our server and was incredibly knowledgeable and engaging. Each course was better than the one before and it was spaced out perfectly (we were there just over two hours).

While waiting for our table we sat at the bar, and I was surprised they didn't have a cocktail menu, I always enjoy looking at the suggestions at various restaurants, and was slightly taken a back that a restaurant of such a high caliber didn't offer one. The other reason I gave it four versus five stars, and really the main reason, was the seating. The tables were VERY small, and very short (can't cross your legs under the table). We had two appetizers on our table, and had to hold our menus as there wasn't enough room.

Even with that, however, it would not dissuade us from returning. It was a phenomenal meal, and I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

If you're planning to go, call ahead the wait is usually a couple hours. We called and were seated within a half hour of getting there. It has fancy restaurant prices without the fancy restaurant quality. I had the infamous pizza, which was good not great. My husband had the steak also good not great. Service was quick, food was good but it was overpriced for the experience. We were expecting fancy and got average for fancy price.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

The restaurant has great service, great food and knowledgable staff who know what to recommend for a first timer....the hand made desserts are amazing and very well made....all in all its a great restaurant to enjoy great time with family or friends or business associates

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Very expensive Italian dinner.. pizza was fabulous, salads and service was superb! Nice atmosphere seeing the river in the background.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The staff was very nice and served us before they were technically open. However, we could only order pizza and dessert. Pizza was really tasty but crazy expensive! Dessert is made to order, and also very good.