“Neighborhood gem”

Noodles 102
Ranked #106 of 870 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Tucked in an unpresuming neighborhood of East Providence, we were pleasantly surprised to find offbeat selections in this small establishment.

From pho to stir fry, there are various SE Asian offerings. The pot stickers had a thicker wrapper than we like and were deep fried which doesn't bring out the best in this kind of appetizer. The entrees had lots of different ingredients but nothing was amazing enough to bring us back.

Still better than the burger dives that are so ubiquitous. And they food is certainly healthier.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

As implied by the name the menu here is sort of focused but other items are available. We found the food quite good and the BYO policy helps keep the cost down . Sharing is a real possibility given the size of the portions. The "specialty " Claypot dishes were not to our taste.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

My first visit to Noodles 102 will not be my last. The service was slower than preferred for lunch, and the server neglected our drinks (hot tea), but the flavors of the food make up for the mediocre service. The Vietnamese Soup really is not a pho, but was absolutely delightful! The broth was filled with flavor, and the soup had a great mix of vegetables and I added chicken. The highlighted gluten free options were helpful to some of our party, and appreciated.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

We find the quality in most Asian restaurants uneven at best so it was a pleasant surprise to find one that does not have 99 items on the menu and instead focuses on a limited number of items and does them very well. We shared the dumplings and the Drunken Noodles and it was more than enough, at least for us.

I am also a fan of BYOB and it was nice (but not unsurprising) that this customer friendly place did not have a corkage charge (N.B. there is a liquor store about 5 or 6 blocks up Ives Street from the restaurant so plan in advance.)

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I'm not much into Asian food, I went there only because my daughter insisted. I loved it. They offer a variety of noodle soups, you create your own soup by picking ingredients you like. They do the same for rice pot. I also experience a different dish I've never tried before, and I am happy with it so far. Food is delicious, my fragile stomach never complained. Good staff. And BYOB...