“First time not last time”
Review of Gourmet House

Gourmet House
Ranked #143 of 865 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

There's no beer for sale and the BYOB isn't talked up. Bring your own as tea and water is all I saw on tables. Food was excellent. We had lemongrass shrimp, pork fried rice, pork with veggies all create. He only thing missing was a cold one ... Swan liquor store is across the street but it was New Year's Day and they were closed.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

For many years one of the best kept secrets in Providence for outstanding Asian food at reasonable prices, but a few years ago the owners departed and after being closed for a year it reopened under new management (same as Apsara Palace down the street one block). Pleasant atmosphere, excellent service, very good food, enormous variety in the menu, not as crowded as Apsara Palace.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I've never had a bad meal or bad service here. I've never even waited for a table, although it does get busy around 7pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Huge menu, great prices. On-street parking can be tricky but it has never been a problem for me!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Have been here a couple of times, always with a group of friends. We order many dishes and they are all outstanding. The service is excellent-they attend to many wishes from our group, always with a smile.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

All right, it's tiny bit hokey in decor, but who cares? Very reasonable, quick service, delicious. Nim chow - get the chicken, even better than the shrimp. Oh, the sticky rice is my choice. I think they offer regular white, sticky white and brown rice. Pad Thai is great, my husband's usual. I get broccoli, steamed tofu and black bean sauce. So good with generous servings. Very reasonable prices. This restaurant has the same owners as Apsara, the restaurant two doors away, but that one has a fluorescent cafeteria vibe to me. I prefer Gourmet House.