“Nice, but 'almost'”
Review of Cafe Nuovo

Cafe Nuovo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Nuovo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 827 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Memorial Boulevard & Canal
Description: Casually elegant Cafe Nuovo, at the Gondola Landing on Providence's famed Riverwalk, has been hailed by the New York Times and singled out by the Providence Journal as "RI's contribution to world class dining." The scenic waterside setting is matched only by the "fresh, seasonal flavor of Cafe Nuovo's contemporary American cuisine and heavenly dessert creations." Through glass curtain walls or while dining al fresco on the piazza, patrons enjoy attentive service and commanding city views while the river and gondolas roll by. Free valet parking evenings. **Sunday Open for Waterfire, Graduations, some Holidays or private functions
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Nice place, good location, good service, good variety and tasty food. A bit pricy. you "can't go wrong" here. But everything was 'almost' great. Altogether lacked satisfaction.
Nothing stood out as outstanding, portions were a bit small.
Espresso Coffee was sub par.

I would go back, but can definitely wait

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I've been to this place a few times now and it's always excellent. The service, setting, and food is great. They have a very big menu for a high-end restaurant so its good for groups because everyone will find something to eat. I also appreciate the portion sizes - you get a good amount of food in every dish! They also plate everything beautifully and the desserts are like little works of art. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Went here for dinner with my fiance. Our lettuce wraps were amazing. Food overall was good. Night date night and location is great along the river. You can eat outside during warmer months. It is on the higher price end, but a nice spot.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Was visiting my son in Providence and had a chance to meet for dinner at Café Nuovo and glad we did. The atmosphere in the restaurant is outstanding and the host and our waiter were welcoming and provided outstanding service. We started off with lettuce wraps which were superb and my son had the grilled salmon which was excellent. Our waiter, John, recommended the crab and seafood risotto for me which was incredible. Lots of crab, clams, shrimp and scallops – almost too much (I never thought I’d say that! How could you have too much shrimp and crab!). We finished our meal with the chocolate mousse dessert which was artfully done and served in its own edible chocolate cup. Highly recommend Café Nuovo for an excellent meal.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Went Friday night, great seat outside...had restaurant week menu...thought the drinks were expensive, $10 per; short ribs were rich and very good, salmon for others was very good., desert bit strange..expected chocolate cake..recvd a slab of something chocolate..same with lemon cheesecake.... pot of crème was good but vanilla was not tasty at all... service was good but waiter with a bit of an attitude..had to continually ask for water refills and for ice...as the temperature made all very warm, quickly. All in all, good food, wonderful setting...but a bit expensive to be honest. Unsure if I'd return... though I appreciated complimentary valet. Maybe I'd go back for lunch.