“Great food! ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fox Point
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I have been a customer for many years and continue to be amazed at how delicious and affordable this food is. The restaurant itself is tiny - and always packed with too many people - I would give it a 3 star on environment as it's not that nicely decorated - could really use a renovation. That being said, this is my go to place for a casual good Thai food. The curries are great as well as the chicken satay. Even mild is spicy - so beware if you don't like spice. But there are plenty of dishes that aren't spicy.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I have been there many times because it is just so convenient. It is a tiny place, but they somehow pack in a bunch of tables. The food usually comes out super fast, and is delicious. The pad thai, drunken noodle, mango curry, and all of the soups are spot on. The decor is very casual, so not a fancy date night kind of place. But good food, served quickly and for a fair price is what you get here.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

We decided to go to the Providence Ghost Tour and saw this restaurant on our way. We love Thai food and Sawaddee did not disappoint us. I had chicken with rama sauce and my husband had pad thai; we also had chicken and crab dumplings. All were really good and the portions were just right for us. There was no wine list and I don't know if this was a BYOB restaurant. There was a large group (8) having dinner when we got there, and people came in for take-out. The price was about $34 for two people. We will go back again, with friends!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

A tiny and intimate Thai restaurant, with less than 10 tables. A personal favorite as far as Thai food goes in the Providence area. Pad see ew is my go-to and the fried spring rolls (no mushrooms, yay!). When I ate meat I also loved the chicken with rama saucy (spicy) and chicken wontons.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

We were visiting RISD from NYC and went here for early dinner on a weekday. Apparently it's well frequented by the RISD community as dine-in and via delivery. I read reviews saying that the restaurant gets packed during peak hours (I read some unhappy reviews how they can never get a seat--well, go early then! Besides, it's a good sign if a restaurant is busy.), but we were very early (5 pm) and practically had the whole section of the restaurant to ourselves (4 in the party). It's a small intimate family restaurant. My favorites were a crispy duck dish and Thai dumplings. My husband ordered milder "American-Thai" style dishes, which were very good and healthy. The chicken skewer appetizer dish was flavorful. Everything tasted clean and not overly done. Don't expect large portions of mediocre Asian-American food. This place serves dishes of a right portion and good quality ingredients.