“Best of the steak chains”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 838 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Memorial Blvd.
Description: The train may have left the station, but you don't have to miss out on the most extraordinary steak around. Join us in Union Station for dry aged steak that The Providence Journal lauds as having, “only gotten better with time.” We’re just one block away from the RI Convention Center and Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Conveniently, we’re also just the spot Rhode Island Monthly says is “Best Restaurant to Impress.”
Reviewed 12 August 2017

While I am writing about a specific visit to this specific restaurant, this could just as easily be about any Capital Grille as my experience is always the same - excellent. To me they are the best of the high end steak chains. I can only speak for the steaks, and specifically the bone-in rib eye (I have no idea why anyone would get anything else) and it is fantastic. They have the tastiest sides - creamy mashed potatoes, luscious creamed spinach, etc. For the appetizer this night I went with a summer corn soup and it was light and delicious. Service is always absolutely top-notch with very knowledgeable and friendly servers. They know their stuff.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We ate outside and had such a wonderful experience. The food was delicious! We didn't even have a reservation and was able to get right in and sit outside!!! Our server was truly amazing and made the night that much better!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My husband and I showed up at 8:12 for an 8:15 reservation and it was packed. The hostess told us completely unapologetically that it would be about 30 minutes because the dining room was running behind. We waited for 25 minutes and then inquired about the wait time again. It was going to be another 30 minutes. We left and went to an excellent restaurant 5 minutes away and waited less than 10 minutes with no reservation at 8:45ish.

What got me about this experience was how the 20-nothing blonde hostess could not have cared less. I watched a dozen parties with reservations come in and she told them all without an ounce of caring that it would be 30-45 minutes for their table. She offered not one apology and, on the contrary, acted as if that's something they should have expected or anticipated. This is a 5 star establishment? Give me a break. I will never be going back here and I recommend you don't as well.

The owner of the restaurant we went to said he knows the GM at Capital Grille and they do this every restaurant week. He said they book like 500 tops a night just to rake in the money and don't really care about the experience or the bad reviews. Well, they earned one from me. It's no wonder this location has such bad reviews compared to the other Capital Grilles. The management needs to get their act together

2  Thank Sarah3260
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Ask for Joe M. as your server. He's amazing. Efficient, knowledge, all with a great personality! We love the Capital Grill and don't get there as often as we'd like! The food is always perfect, the wine list awesome and the service impeccable. Cocktails at the bar are always fun too!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

love the atmosphere but their offering for restaurant week was weak! Entire staff is on crusie based on past reputation, def will go back for generous pour, great deal! Waiter Eric was a good guy!