“Good experience”
Review of Red Stripe

Red Stripe
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Stripe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 841 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elmgrove Avenue, Providence,RI 02906
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We were staying nearby and thought we'd try it. It's a busy bistro with tables close together ... energetic and urban. Not quiet if that's important. I had a very tasty lobster roll. My husband enjoyed his steak although I found it to be on the tougher side. Service was attentive. Bread was to die for! The Caesar dressing good use improvement as it lacked zip that a really good Caeser has. Salads are oversize, easily shareable. We'll be back.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Very different and delicious fare and cocktails. Attentive wait staff very nice atmosphere. Different mussels and frites is what they're know for so We'll be back.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

They have a good size bar and many small tables. I prefer to sit in the back because there is a bit less noise. The cocktails are delicious and generously poured .

Reviewed 19 May 2017

When visiting our son and his family, they enthused about this place. My son made reservations for 6:15. Upon arrival the crowd was sparse. Nevertheless, the greeter seemed to insist that we had no reservation and was unable to find same on computer despite multiple times spelling our name. Finally talked to his boss who either found our name or was told to seat us regardless. We had asked for a reasonably quiet location since I have hearing issues. We were seated in a dining area next to the noisy bar! Waiter was prompt with menus, An appetizer of calamari was excellent, my wife said that an appetizer sized order of mussels poulette was very good. Since I wanted mussels mariniere as an entrée, I passed on tasting the appetizer. My wife and daughter-in-law ordered the hanger steak, my son the fish and chips, and I the mussels mariniere. The hanger steaks were cooked as requested but they were pretty chewy. The fish and chips were unexceptional. The mussels mariniere were AWFUL. I expect to find a little bit of grit in mussels but every bite was sandy. Moreover, the mussels I ordered were supposed to be simply mariniere, not in the poulette stye with cream. Evidently the waiter incorrectly ordered both the appetizer mussels and my entrée mussels as mussels poulette. A bummer! The mussels in whatever broth should automatically be accompanied by bread to soak up sauce. I was down to the last 2 mussels before he appeared with ONE slice of bread (after having had to request it much earlier). The price I paid for these meals was not unreasonable if the food had been good and the service pleasant and attentive. Neither was true so I felt gouged. Would never recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank CSU_prof
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Driving home from the Cape needed to stop for dinner and we searched TA for a place in Providence RI. Great hunting ground for foodies. Our search and associated TA reviews led us to this Restaurant. Wow what a great score. Neat location, street parking in an eclectic neighborhood. Ambiance was busy but warm, bustle but nice buzz. Wait staff were terrific, knowledgeable and just plain fun making us comfortable as if we were longtime locals. Food was excellent. I had their version of a stroganoff that was rich, layers of flavor. My wife had a signature burger that she loved. Many attractive options on the menu We will stop here again and have recommended Red Stripe to friends