The Biltmore is a legendary Providence hotel which is still in decent shape. The rooms, in my opinion, have had more of a remodeling effort than the exterior, hallways lobby etc. That's fine with me but it does keep it at 4 stars rather than five. The Director of Rooms (I think it was Erik) was the BEST check in person I have had in my 20+ years of staying at hotels. I arrived jet-lagged at 8am and my suite was not ready. He immediately put me in a Jr Suite and told me to relax and that he would move me to a nice suite when one was ready. Just a few hours later the room was ready. I've never had that experience. The usual reply is "We will store your luggage. Go our and wander the city." Exceptional service. The hotel restaurant has always been a bit of an anomaly for me as well. It just seems like a step down from the M&S's in Chicago etc. That's my only other complaint. I do recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated May 2014. In the heart of downtown, steps from the City's most exclusive shopping and dining areas and conveniently located near the Convention Center, and Providence Place Mall.The Providence Biltmore offers personal attention and comfort appealing to both leisure and business travelers. A welcoming alternative to more commercial branded hotels, the Biltmore provides an atmosphere to that of a grand European hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Providence Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Providence Biltmore Hotel Providence
- Biltmore Hotel Providence Ri