“Best hotel in town”

Providence Biltmore
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The rooms are beautiful! It's a very old building and although the glass elevator in the center no longer runs I love that the plaque on it says used for time travel only. Ha! the staff always helpful and friendly and make you feel welcomed. It also is attached to a great restaurant too! I have stayed here a few times and will again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Christie B, Assistant Front Office Manager at Providence Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review of The Providence Biltmore Hotel. Your compliments to our staff mean the world to us, it's always a pleasure to hear that everyone was helpful, friendly and welcoming. We can't wait to have you come stay with us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The Biltmore is a legendary Providence hotel which is still in decent shape. The rooms, in my opinion, have had more of a remodeling effort than the exterior, hallways lobby etc. That's fine with me but it does keep it at 4 stars rather than five. The Director of Rooms (I think it was Erik) was the BEST check in person I have had in my 20+ years of staying at hotels. I arrived jet-lagged at 8am and my suite was not ready. He immediately put me in a Jr Suite and told me to relax and that he would move me to a nice suite when one was ready. Just a few hours later the room was ready. I've never had that experience. The usual reply is "We will store your luggage. Go our and wander the city." Exceptional service. The hotel restaurant has always been a bit of an anomaly for me as well. It just seems like a step down from the M&S's in Chicago etc. That's my only other complaint. I do recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Erik B, Manager at Providence Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Providence Biltmore. I am truly appreciative of your recognition and am happy to hear of the positive impact this gesture made on your stay. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This Hotel is one of the finest I have stayed in lately. While it is a Historical Hotel, the rooms are maintained impeccably, the people go above and beyond in helping you in any way they can, and the service provided is well worth the extra little bit the rooms cost. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Providence Biltmore. We are so happy to hear your feelings of our hotel being "one of the finest you have ever stay in." We truly appreciate your high recommendation.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Stayed three nights to explore the city in a two king bed junior suite on the 16th floor which provided a lovely view of the city looking toward the state house over Burnside and Waterplace Parks. We found we could walk or take a short cab/Uber ride to the major areas of interest in the city and a variety of eating establishments. The rooftop large red “Biltmore” lights make finding your way back to the hotel easy when wandering the area!

The suite was clean with separate spacious sleeping, sofa/desk, bathroom, and closet areas. We particularly liked that the bath and commode were separated from the sink, which had a sizeable counter area. We also appreciated that the in-room safe was large enough to hold two iPads as well as other valuables. The sleeping area was very attractive but the décor in the other areas were surprisingly mundane and lacking attention to details – poor lighting in the sink area, lack of hangers/hooks in the closet, no safety bar in the tub/shower, inconvenient outlets for charging multiple electronic devices, modest quality towels, and no pen/paper pad for notes on the desk-seriously? Note that above the 16th floor are the ballrooms which could present noise and elevator issues if the hotel is hosting a large function.

This is a 1922 historic hotel with nicely restored and attractive public spaces that is currently under the 2014 Hilton Curio Collection Brand. History and architect buffs will appreciate the lovely staircase from the lobby to the mezzanine, the unfortunately non-functioning exterior glass elevator (added in the early 1970s), the mail drop near the elevators, the transoms above the rooms, and the flood level marker in the lobby. Where are the Baccante Girls!

There is a sizable attractive Starbucks and a McCormick and Schmick’s off the lobby, which provides the hotel’s food room service. Despite some bumps and warts we would certainly consider staying here if we are fortunate enough to visit Providence again - perhaps for a WaterFire event.

Room Tip: Request a city view looking toward the state house
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Providence Biltmore. We truly appreciate your in depth and accurate depiction of all our property has to offer. We do have plans to bring our glass elevator back to life hopefully within the near future. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We stayed at the Providence Biltmore for a wedding. The wedding was held in the grand ball room and was just beautiful. That is where the attractiveness to the hotel ended. We upgraded to a junior suite. The woodwork had seen better days, the wall paper was loose in areas, the drapes were skimpy and the voile under curtain dirty. The hardcase furniture had seen better days. There was a problem with the AC where it wouldn't go below 75 degrees and was noisy. We ran the ceiling fan in the bedroom portion of the suite, which helped but it was noisier. However the worst part was the bathroom - tiles were missing in the shower. There was a huge hole behind the mirror in the shower room. The area was tired and not very clean. There was a dark ring around the base of the toilet and the grouting in the shower showed mildew in places. And there was a growing sewer smell coming from the toilet that permeated the room so we had to be sure to shut the door. If it were not for the wedding being held at the hotel we would have checked out. We could not wait to leave. I will say the staff was very friendly and did what they could to make our stay better. But the hotel is just old, the rooms reflect it and are even a little Steven King like creepy. Do not trust the pictures on the web - they are "airbrushed" so you don't see how tired they are. We would not recommend this hotel to friends - other than having your wedding there - as I said there grand ballroom is beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to create a better experience for you. I understand your frustration, this is way to many issues to encounter for one stay. I will be sure to touch base with our Chief Engineer and Director of housekeeping so that we can address these issues. I assure you this is not the type of room condition our guests are used to seeing. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our Beautiful ballroom and just wish you room experience had match that. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention, they will be rectified.