Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
View deal
Free cancellation until 17/02/23
Vio.com
Etrip
All reviews state park coast guard the owner campobello island crews quarters scenic beauty hamilton cove special place to stay west quoddy entire area unique experience gorgeous views first floor two nights cabin fog lighthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

A sweet two night stay, just me and two dogs. We stayed in the Cabin, which was spacious and comfortable. The deck overlooking Campobello island was perfect, and the cabin itself was rustic and well-equipped. The weather was incredibly varied. Our first evening was graced with a glorious sunset, and the morning and following evening were cloaked in fog. All were beautiful.
The entire area was new to me and i spent most of my time exploring the new Cobscook Shores parks in the are ( there are 15 shoreline public parks). What a fabulous philanthropic gift! I loved Hamilton Cove Preserve as well, en route between Cutler and West Quoddy Head-a beautiful and pretty easy walk through a wildflower meadow to a rocky beach where the smooth tumbled stones make a unique music as the waves wash over them.
It was too hot and humid during my visit to explore Lubec, but an early morning foggy drive through was memorable. I would go back to this part of Maine again,sooner rather than later

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank pamdl
Reviewed 15 December 2021

I stayed in the Keeper's Cottage for two nights and enjoyed my stay. The space is colorful, clean, and the heater was able to keep up with the wintry weather!

There were a couple of matters of attention to detail that bothered me, such as several burned-out light bulbs across the cottage. I also thought one of the proprietors seemed rather cold when I had a question and a miscommunication that resulted in an odd situation for me (though the other seemed much more outgoing). However, by and large this was a good base of operations for my weekend of experiences in Lubec.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

The owner of this property has renovated or constructed several buildings associated with the old keeper station for West Quoddy Lighthouse. We stayed in the crews quarters, which is the building closest to the shore with views all around. As I sit on the deck on our last morning I am able to see clearly Campobello island, The town of Lubec and the little bridge connecting the two across the water. The state park we’re sitting next to has wonderful little trails. The lighthouse is almost a mile easy walk from us and is open to visitors. There are wonderful spots for beach combing and lookouts where you can watch eagles fishing from rocks and porpoise that porpoise popping up every now and then. We will definitely be back to this relaxing and beautiful spot. It warms my heart to be here.

Room tip: We came here at the end of September… The air is crisp and beautiful fall weather. The kitchen is well equipped and laundry rm available
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2021

When our reservation was made, we made a point to inquire with the owner regarding potential problems for a handicapped person in the party- we were assured there would be no problem and it would be comfortable, so we made the decision not to book at an ADA certified facility in town. Fortunately ramps were brought by us, so we were able to get the wheelchair inside the 4 steps.. the next problem was the bathroom- all toilets were extremely low- even below ‘standard’ height, let alone accessible height. The first floor bed was basically like sleeping on granite with bedsheets.
Other than a beautiful view, I would not recommend the place at all.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 47Plymouth
Reviewed 15 July 2021

This quirky place was just perfect for the last couple days we had in Maine. The sunset views were incredible and the hikes from the lighthouse were not too strenuous but afforded gorgeous views! There were only a few restaurants in the small town of Lubec but the drive to Eastport was worth a visit too.

Date of stay: June 2021