The Inn at the Wharf(Lubec)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$150
US$105
Eastland Motel(Lubec)(Great Value!)
US$95
All reviewsgranolabreakfast was deliciousliving roombay viewtwo nightslower levelcampobello islandfresh fruitsmall towncharming b bcarrot muffinstwo night staybed and breakfastsmall bathrooma great staynew englandsuzanna
Reviewed 21 September 2009

There isn't much in Lubec, but the Home Port Inn was a great find. We stayed there just one night, and we dined there twice. The room (the Library) is small, but clean and neat, with it's own bath. It would have been nice to have a little more room to move around, but there is a nice common room if you want to stretch out and read, watch TV, or just talk.

Our dinner on the night we stayed at the Inn was terrific: The service was prompt and friendly, and the food was excellent. Suzanna (one of the owners, and the chef) and her kitchen crew create tasty dishes with good, fresh ingredients. Sauces and spices enhanced the flavor of the dishes, rather than overwhelm them. I had a baked seafood medley, and my wife had salmon. We stayed for dessert, and weren't disappointed. We came back another night (after we had moved to a rental house), and were equally as pleased. My wife had a lobster and artichoke salad (as a main course), and I had seafood scampi with scallops, lobster and haddock. The sauce was delicate, and black olives were a great touch. Once again, we were delighted with the meals and the service. My only disappointment was a caesar salad that was served too cold. All in all, that was a minor complaint after two quite enjoyable meals. Beer and wine are available at dinner, but not mixed drinks.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoingWay
Reviewed 16 September 2009

we booked 2 nights in this charming town and were pleasantly surprised by this lovely inn. the keeper's were gracious, the rooms were clean and quaint, the common room was lovely, and the breakfast delicious.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Lubec is very far out of the way of anything in Maine - being from NJ and having lived/worked a few summers in Bar Harbor, I had been to Lubec once - over 20 years ago. At that time I stayed on the Canadian side in a cottage for a night. This time I wanted a nice, Downeast INN Experience.

We were not disappointed. Some things set us back slightly initially but we quickly got over the fact that there was no off street parking or locks on the doors. Let me clarify that - you can lock your chamber door but only while you are inside. We do not travel with many valuables anyhow, just because that is not wise. We took what was valuable with us "just in case" as who knows who else is traveling and staying there. I know it is a different way of life up there and we still wanted to be a tad bit cautious.

Once inside the beautiful Inn, we felt very warm and peaceful - rested a bit - enjoyed the front livingroom and also enjoyed the restaurant for dinner that evening. Casual in dress but gourmet in menu offerings, it was a treat to dine-in and relax after a long day of driving and sight seeing.

Food is outstanding and we had a delicious Italian Pino Grigio to compliment our dinner. I had lobster scampi and my husband enjoyed a nice peppercorn encrusted steak.

Our room was very nicely appointed, very clean, comfortable and quiet. The delicious smells in the AM of baking muffins and brewing coffee was great to wake up to. The smells from the restaurant the night before did not bother us in the least. It reminded me of how home should be - warm and inviting.

We had no issues whatsoever and the staff were very friendly, helpful and courteous.
The room was a little cramped, and I know we did not reserve the largest - but the value was incredible!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joiseygull
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We initally wanted to go to Lubec to go on a Puffin Tour. We were too late in the season, but decided to go anyway, We were pleasantly surprised by the experience we had in Lubec and at the Home Port Inn.

Here are a few things about our stay:

1. They were one of the few places that were accomodating to allow a one night stay.
2. Since the town shuts down fairly early, we decided to eat in the restaurant in the Home Port Inn. We were pleasantly surprised at the dinner. We got the latest reservation we could and had a lobster pasta and beef tips with a couple of glasses of wine each. The food was surprisingly excellent. The food was definitely the best we had in Maine. Our two entrees and 4 glasses of wine were $90. It was a small dining room with a quaint ambiance.
3. The breakfast was not a hot breakfast, but it was a good breakfast. It was a buffet of fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade cereal, fresh fruit juice, mademade muffins and fresh blueberries. The staff was friendly and engaging with all customers, though not overbearing. Through the conversations with the people at the Home Port Inn, we found common connections with other guests at the Inn. This was definitely a fun part of the bed and breakfast experience.

Although it near the water's edge, the access to coast line is limited. However, we wished we brought our passports so that we could enjoy more than the West Quoddy experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We spent August 18-20 here after excaping the heat wave of Southern MA. The inn is a beautiful old house and decorated with charm. Our room was on the second floor and had double windows looking ou onto the garden. We could have the windows open and enjoy the magnificent breezes. Although our bathroom was a few steps down the hall, it was all ours. The view out the window was to the Bay of Fundy, I think. A delicious continental breakfast was served including hot blueberry and carrot muffins and homemade granola. We ate dinner in the dining room one night. My husband had steak au poivre and I had scallops. Very good.

The hosts were extremely graciouys and helpful in all ways. Lubec is a very quiet town, but just what we were lookeing for. We walked in a state park along the beautiful coastline and attended a free piano concert. This was great!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple