“Perfect Place to the end of a Perfect Maine Day”
Review of Frank's Dockside

Frank's Dockside
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New, wonderful atmosphere, extensive menu, watch seals as you dine
Reviewed 16 September 2017

After visiting the Lubec Lighthouse (which was just fabulous!!!) I drove over to Frank's Dockside in the heart of Lubec village for dinner. What a treasure. It was a beautiful warm and sunny September day, so I opted to sit outside on the deck overlooking the water and Canada. You've got to order seafood when traveling the Maine coast, so I had the Seafood Dream which was true to its name - baked haddock, scallops, jumbo shrimp and crab stuffed mushrooms. It was cooked/baked to perfection. So fresh and flavorful. It has to be one of the best meals I've had in a over a year. In addition, the meal came with a side of delicious coleslaw and a baked potato.

The staff was super friendly and attentive which is always appreciated when traveling.

P.S.I found out one of the cashier had a pug. And I have a pug back home in Seattle. So, it was fun talking to her about her little dog. Just sayin' pug people rock!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Mixed reviews for this restaurant among our group. The first time we tried to eat there we were told that there were no more seating available that night. We returned two nights later with a reservation (but when we showed up we were told that they only take reservations for groups of 5 or more). We were seated inside, but there appears to be a small but nice deck on the water out back. I had scallops (good!), one friend had haddock (great!) and another had chicken topped with crabmeat (so-so).

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Small town, wonderful quaint restaurant. The sign out front peaked our curiosity, so in we went. The atmosphere, the staff and food were wonderful so glad we went in. A must go, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I always enjoy a meal at Frank's when we vacation in Lubec. Excellent calamari and crab dishes. Dine outdoors for nice water views. Service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Local beer, seafood, and other dishes that one can find at other eateries in this part of Maine are all fine. But the best reason to eat at Frank's is the view from the deck. Service a bit haphazard but friendly. The server forgot my glass of wine and when I reminded him, it appeared as a double. Before you commit to sitting on the deck, however, check the temperature--it can be quite chilly.

1  Thank Louise M