“GREAT STEAMERS”

Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Lubec
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the freshest seafood delivered daily to our wharf. We offer casual fine dining with a view of the water from every table. Enjoy the sunset from our deck and magnificent views of the bay.
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We go to Campobello island a couple times a year and always stop at The Inn at the Wharf.... the food is always good, the service is good and the view is spectacular!!! You get to dine overlooking the wharf where the fishing and lobster boats come in as well as an incredible view of the Passamoquoddy Bay at the narrows in Lubec..

vtrafford, Owner at The Inn at the Wharf Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. It does help everyone.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I frequent Lubec during the summer months, it's a beautiful town to enjoy a meal with friends and family. I have been to the Wharf Restaurant many times over the past 3 years and have brought many visitors there because of the spectacular view when you sit outside.
The food was fresh when I first went there and was prepared fine with a generous serving...the past 2 years it's been hit or miss and more misses this year. I don't think I'll go back even for the view.
My husband had the fried clams (fresh) that were over cooked and pricey, 7 clams for $16! I had them earlier in the season, over cooked of course. The Haddock dinner was a small serving last time I ate there.
Last year my brother in law bought clam chowder to go, once home we tried it, too watery with few clams.
The waitstaff and cooks are constantly changing which would explain the inconsistency.
The restaurant is seasonal, perhaps I'm being too harsh.

Thank you for your review. I will take all concerns seriously and make the necessary changes. Please do not give up on us, we do produce great food and I will work on the consistency of it.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

A converted sardine factory had me intrigued and the location and view were great. Food was good Maine fare. Service was very friendly. Our party of 6 came in one hour before closing and there was never a rush to get us out of there, in fact, we were offered dessert and coffee even after closing.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It really does make a difference.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

This is my third trip to Lubec, and fifth or sixth visit to Fishermans Wharf in the last 4-years. I like to stay at the attached Inn on the Wharf. I'm sorry to say that the restaurant has really declined - maybe they had a bad night? But I don't think anything would've been different at any other time in 2016, given the seasonal staff running the place.

Start with the 4 servers, who were scattered and unprofessional. They are all from Bulgaria and other eastern block countries and there are some language barriers. They don't seem to understand their roles as waitresses . They spent a lot of time socializing with each other vs tending to guests. I sat with an uncleared table for 15 minutes, then they forgot my drink order, and could barely be bothered to take my dinner order. I could overhear them talking about their upcoming 3-week trip across the US. That's great for them, but how about taking care of the diners? I got there at 7:15 but wasn't able to place a food order until close to 8, at which point they were closing and pretty pushy about cleaning up - even though I just got my food, due to the delays in ordering!! I kept hearing how the entire staff was going out partying (Saturday night) so they wanted to wrap it up. Can you say 'uncomfortable'??

As for the food, it's not expensive - best thing I can say for it. Mashed potatoes were bland and unseasoned, very lumpy, no love whatsoever. Asparagus was overcooked, limp and tough. Fried shrimp was ok - nothing fabulous. I would've liked cocktail sauce but the waitress never came back to see if I needed anything. She was probably poofing up her hair to go out to the bar. At least I got my check quickly because they wanted me gone... But I wasn't able to put the check on my room tab???

Victor and Judy (owners of the Inn and I assume the restaurant still) need to reel this back in - they had something special and it seems to be slipping away from them.

1  Thank SMa1983

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do realize sometimes things do not go as we would like them to. I will go over all your concerns and make some substantial changes.
I hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We had two wonderful meals at this restaurant with guests while there in August, 2016. Over the two nights we had fabulous crab cakes, a full boiled seafood dinner, a scallop dinner, haddock and lobster chowder, and haddock. The view even on the inside is wonderful. The outside seating was full, but it is right over the water.