“Rated high because of price point”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This 3 story property is located at a major exit off I-10 entering Tucson, but that exit is currently blocked and there is a very convoluted route to find the hotel. Not trivial.
I would ordinarily have given this property a 3 star rating but it was a real bargain and that tipped the scle.

I spent 2 nights in room 130. This was a convenient end room where I could actually keep an eye on my car from the room window. Otherwise, the a/c was ok and the room had a small microwave, mini fridge, 2 beds with side lamps and small bathroom with outside sink. There was some low cost shampoo-conditioner and it showed. In addition there were well located electrical outlets, a phone and a clock both of which worked. There is a chest of drawers with two large drawers. Overall the hotel is new.

The hotel is within driving distance of a shopping mall and a number of restaurants. The wifi works great and it is also free.

The room key is a new style that operates the external doors also but if you are not careful you might forget to leave it at the front desk.

Improvements: I recommend better soundproofing from noise in the hall. That is a comment that could apply to any hotel. The faucets in the bathroom and sink are old style pull out type. The wall mirror above the dresser needs to be moved since it reflects light from the bed lamps into your eyes if you are lying in bed watching TV. I dont know why they charge $1.50 to use the safe in the room as nobody else does that.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry about the exit the project will be completed by the first of the year 2019.. Thank you for all the comments they will be shared with all staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good for 1 night! Good price! We stay 4 people for one night, just to sleep a few hours. Everything its clean, we recommend it, its not the best but for that price I think you can not take anything better.

Stayed: September 2017

Carlos M,

Thank you for the comments we are glad you found the Inn to be a good value for your travels. We look forward to your next visit when your travels bring you to the Marana, az area.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

It is a typical highway exit hotel, which is not a bad thing. For the price, it is what it is. Yes, there is road construction making it tricky to get to, but it is not THAT difficult and that is not any fault of the hotel. At check in, front desk person was friendly. The room was adequate. It is a little worn. Carpets a little stained here or there, but nothing horrible. Toilet smelled pretty horrid even when just sitting there with water in it. But the bad thing was that I got myself an apple pie at a store the night before, so I would have it for breakfast. It was in a sealed box in a plastic bag on the dresser, and in the morning, ants. Ugh. Lots of ants. So, no food for me. When I checked out, I was asked "How was your stay?" I said fine, until this morning, when I found ants on the dresser. I showed her the bag, with sealed box, with some of the ants on it, and then threw it away. She then just said "Well, you are prepaid so you are all set." No comment about the ants? "Oh.... well.... sorry." So, yeah.... it might be time for some pest control. I can see leaving a pizza box overnight or something open drawing ants, but a sealed apple pie? On the 4th floor? Hmmmm.... ANTS.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The construction in the area will be worth it in the long run it is going to be challenging until February 2019. Not sure how ants got that high into a room we will have our Monthly service guy look into it. Thanks again and we'll see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

David helped me to get back into my room after the door became stuck. He was very professional and helpful and even accommodated me further afterwards by upgrading me room. Great service in this hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Jared A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review... we appreciate the feedback. It's great to hear that one of our staff members David provided great guest service during your visit. We hope you stay with us again when traveling to the Marana, az area!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Checked in, went to room. Notice stains on carpeting near desk. No big deal, near coffee maker. Went to the restroom and ewwww! Urine all over the toilet. Hairs on wall and stuck to toilet. Some brown splashes on wall near toilet. Quite honestly, made me feel a little sick. Could this room have been cleaned? Front desk clerk immediately transferred me to a second room. Better but...toilet must have a leak because it flushed itself all night. Woke me up (I am a light sleeper) a couple times in the night. Along with a very noisy refrigerator, I did not get much sleep. Mold around shower, calcium stains and shower sprayed water in every which way would be easy to take care of. Elevator needed repair/maintenance. Guess owners don't stay in their own rooms. I understand this is a budget stay so maybe my expectations are too high. This will be my last time in a Red Roof Inn in Tucson.

Room Tip: My dad used to ask to see a room before he would commit to stay. Now I guess we depend on reviews...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All comments are shared with the staff so we can continue to improve our services. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.