“Return Visit several years later due to Location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall
Ranked #69 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Booked this hotel due to location during touring trip in Arizona. Had stayed here previously so requested room away from farm due to unpleasant odour last time.
On check in we were NOT greeted as Elite priority club members and have yet to receive welcome points. Our request for ground floor room away from farm was denied even though we checked in at 3pm, we were told it was impossible. Room was clean-ish, beds comfortable, bedding clean but well worn, pillows flat. Hotel in desperate need of refurbishment. Squelchy / dirty/ dark carpet and squeaky bathroom floor. Paper cups not always replenished but coffee in lobby. No farm odour this year fortunately. Breakfast staff very professional and ensured all items refilled promptly.

Room Tip: The side of hotel away from farm
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JER26
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi JER26,

Thank you for your candid review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are glad to hear you liked our location and enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to leave our guests with a positive lasting impression and can see that we have fallen short of our goal. We have taken note of your comments regarding the pillows and the bathroom. Your feedback will be shared within our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. I hope that you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to our area. Have a wonderful day!

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have been staying in this hotel when I am in the Tucson área for the last 4-5 years andnalways had nice experiences, but this time it was different: I didn't get the room I reserved because of excesive demand (???), there was no floor mat for the shower wich is very slippery, I wanted to pay with a different card thn the one used to meke the reservatión, but when I asked to do so, they had already made the charge.
The only good thing ws beakfast, as always.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sergio R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hi Sergio R!

It was our pleasure to host your recent stay, and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We certainly appreciate your commendation for our breakfast selections.

I'm very sorry though that multiple issues which marred your stay this time such as with your room type, bathroom set-up, and use of your preferred card. We strive to provide our guests exceptional facilities and a memorable stay. We immediately shared your comments to our entire team as a material in their continued training.

In spite of the setbacks, we hope that you would grant us an opportunity to correct our lapses and redeem ourselves by providing you with a better lodging experience.

Many Thanks,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 August 2017

As I walked into the lobby of this hotel I immediately noticed how attractive the entrance really was. It was designed to be inviting with marble and granite; however, the staff definitely works hard to keep everything clean and polished. I was greeted with smiling faces at the reception desk. I stated my name as I was looking up on my phone my confirmation number and the gentleman who was helping me said, "We have your room all ready for you." He got the room keys for us and gave me directions along with the room key holder with the wifi password. I went back to the car where my husband and grandson were within two minutes. It had to be the quickest check in I have ever had.

When we made it to our room it was everything I expect from Holiday Inn Express, but the little kitchenette area was more. There were cabinets and drawers, along with a little kitchen sink, the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, all in a kitchenette. I've never had that in a Holiday Inn Express, and it wasn't part of the bathroom area - it was separate, and very nice. The cabinets were high quality.

I was a little concerned about the bed, because it wasn't as high as a normal bed and it didn't seem to feel as soft as the beds I'm used to at Holiday Inn Express hotels, but it turned out to be just fine. The pillows; however, were fabulous!

When we went down to breakfast the next morning we were in for a real treat! There has only ever been one hotel that has had a breakfast room as large and offered a breakfast with that many choices. There is a sitting area around the flat screen TV with couches and chairs. Behind that there are a number of tables and chairs, and to the left of the sitting area is a large high table with chairs around it for a number of people to sit at. The food area is very large and wide so that it doesn't bottleneck like a lot of them do. For offerings they had yogurt, cereals, pancakes, muffins, breads for toast (and the toaster), bagels and cream cheese, a variety of fresh fruit, hot cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and omelette styled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, bacon, three different kinds of juices, coffee, tea (both hot and iced), hot cocoa, and milk. Then on our second morning I discovered that if you go into the second room (the conference room) there is plenty of seating in there as well AND hot tortillas, refried beans, hot diced potatoes, and spicy eggs for a more southwestern breakfast. It was truly a fabulous breakfast.

This hotel also has an amazing gym with treadmill, stepper, free weights, etc. The pool was great, complete with a hot tub and the veranda area even had a large barbecue, but I'm not sure if guests are allowed to use that or not. I noticed that everywhere we went was immaculately clean!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for this one. We were so busy I left my camera in the car this go around! :(

Room Tip: Real easy to find a couple blocks down Wetmore from Tucson Mall great eating places
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Nice clean room and hallways. When we went to breakfast it wasn't stocked and we had to wait when there was very little crowd. My biggest complaint was that the three times I passed through the lobby in the evening I was never acknowledged by hotel staff. Overall nice visit though.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Cecilia P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you "Scooter1223" for your great feedback. We appreciate your recent stay with us and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for not acknowledging you. Our guests are our number one priority and are very important to us. Please let us welcome you back soon.

Take care.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Stayed for one night in April, so not long enough to enjoy the pool etc. Breakfast was good, accommodations very comfortable. Check-in, check-out was very efficient. Would stay here again. As mentioned, many restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple