“Vegetarian Buffet”

Price range: US$8 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 April 2017

This simple restaurant is vegetarian, with tasty and innovative dishes, it is all buffet style. My sister is a vegetarian, so this is always her choice when we are in Tucson. My niece is undergoing cancer treatments, so we wanted a very healthy option for her. I respect her eating habits and I can usually find something here to my liking. Some of the dishes are a bit foreign to me, but they do have enough ingredients on the buffet table to make a decent salad. You will serve yourself and then bus your table when you are done with your meal. The price is reasonable for this no-limit buffet. The restaurant is run by the local Hari Krishna Indian group. There was a group in a room adjacent to the dining room that was there for prayers - the bell ringing was a bit annoying, would have been nice if they could have shut a door between the 2 venues.

1  Thank Rose H

Reviewed 2 April 2017

I've been here a couple times now and it is getting better each time. The first time, I found the food bland and the environment strange for a restaurant. You walk into a store front and turn a corner and it becomes a restaurant; which is buffet style. The last time I went it was early enough to enjoy the grounds which are lovely.
There isn't really 'service' because you get what you want and seat yourself. You can sit outside or inside. They have 'vegan' day once or twice a week which is nice for me. The place has a new age feel. You could sit there for hours and no one would bother you.
You buss your own table and someone eventually comes to clear the dirty dishes. I went to the bathroom and although it is in a separate building, it is a single stall, clean and properly supplied.
It is a place where if you're used to a chain 'casual dining' restaurant; this will take some getting used to. However, if you're vegan and open to new experiences, this is a place to know. This place is sort of like a good poem; you have to get read it a couple times to comprehend the message and then you can enjoy it. The food is good but not spicy. I found going earlier was better.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Not happy with the place. Food to spicy and always cold on heat table. They person at register wasn't friendly and demanded to leave a tip . Not right . They food handlers' whipped nose on shirt sleeve .."Nasty ..
Also man at register was eating while customers were coming in. Restrooms to me were nasty too . No paper towels or toilet paper . How do they pass health inspection . Bribes ??

1  Thank kathbolt
Reviewed 20 December 2016

We selected Govinda because it said, "Indian food, vegetarian options available." That should have satisfied everyone in our party. However, there were ONLY vegetarian dishes, and those were all similar in taste. Lots of rice and carbs. There were a variety of sprouts so my salad turned to be the best of all the dishes.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

It is a great resteraunt to eat if you are a vegetarian they have a wonderful ideology .The grounds are great they have birds and a little pond its an uplifting experience.You remove Your shoes and relax the atmosphere is comforting (and they give to charitable causes) great experience and culture emersion