“Different in Tucson”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

After having Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner the first day in town (so easy to find in Tucson), I needed a change. Found this place by accident driving down Broadway on the way back to the Viscount and had to do a second look, Kon Tiki? In Tucson? How cool is that?! The ambience of Hawaii is immediately noticeable as you pull into the parking lot, and as you enter it's even more apparent. Fish nets, bamboo, thatch palm fronds overhead, and blow fish lanterns! Too cool. Had a few rum drinks and appetizers during the Happy Hour, especially enjoyed the shrimp cocktail. Honestly I was too full for dinner, so have to return again when I'm in town. If you are tired of Mexican food and steak places (which I do love) try this place out.

1  Thank Mark S

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This was my wife & I's favorite hangout in Tucson for decades! Recently we revisited Tucson and had a party with our friends here, as we have done many times in the past. This place never disappoints!

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 12 February 2017

After a long day at the Gem & Mineral Show we wanted to just put our feet up and relax. Kon Tiki was perfect! So cute and kitschy - the decor is Polynesian Tiki (of course) and dark and relaxing inside. We had our drinks (Mai Tais) and nibbled their free happy hour brats and then ordered some pot stickers and some ribs....all delicious. Left feeling relaxed and refreshed after a long day. Perfect!

2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 11 January 2017

This place is awesome really island kind of vibe, went here to hang out with some friends and have some drinks. The food was delicious and the staff was really friendly, they have a large selection of mixed drinks that will blow your mind away. All I can really say is be careful of the Scorpion Bowls, haha you'll have way to much fun.

1  Thank Gaston M
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped by for the historical tiki relevance that we read about in a book. We stayed because the people we met and the wait staff and the "dishwasher"/owner were very nice.

We tried one of their featured drinks in a tiki glass. Very sweet and something I wouldn't normally drink but it was good. We tried the monkey on a stick appetizer and they were delicious.

It's an eclectic decor with a long history and if you can get Paul to tell you some stories you'll be hooked.

Fun time.
Kevin & Tina
Charlotte, NC

Been to Kon Tiki? Share your experiences!