“Good enough”

La Fresita
Ranked #715 of 2,050 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Well, located in the heart of great restaurants of the Westside, they hold their own for whatntheynoffer -- reasonably priced Mexican food. Try a mango/papaya smoothie, mmmm...

1  Thank Boggmann

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I have a mental index for just about any delicious "hole-n-the-wall" Sonoran food joint within Tucson city limits. Believe me when I say you don't have to venture south of the border to find truly authentic, amazingly delicious Mexican food. I've had more than my fair share of Fresita Breakfast burros (because they are pretty much sublime), but I haven't ever dined in.

As the Gem Show ramps up, I feel obliged to expound on La Fresita's excellence amid a part of town highly saturated with Tucson's BEST places to eat: St. Mary's Mexican, Manna From Heaven Fry Bread, Taco Giro, Tania's 33, Pat's, Mei Mei's Chinese...

La Fresita is a brightly adorned and tiny gem itself. It's signage says it's a drive-thru but there are some tables inside as well as on the patio. The menu (Google it) is expansive and includes burgers in addition to the Mexican fare, as well as awesome Mexican fruit smoothies that will make you swoon. Daily specials are priced at $4.99--I had two dorado tacos, rice and beans, and a medium drink for under 6 bucks with tax.

OmiGOSH! How did I ever drive by this place? It was so fresh and so absolutely delicious and so much for the price! The service was excellent and homey, they say goodbye as you leave like your family. And that's the thing: this is a family venture right down to the pride in every single bite. If you leave hungry, it's because you fainted from a delicious overdose.

1  Thank azgypsy g
Reviewed 16 January 2015 via mobile

This food is fantastic! We ordered 2 Ranchera bistek, Sonoran dogs, and carnitas tacos. All served on homemade, I mean actually hand made corn tortillas! All the food was grilled to perfection, fresh and favorable! If you want authentic, real Mexican food. You have to try this! The owners are super sweet and service is spectacular! Eat and live well. Enjoy

1  Thank Medberry
Reviewed 5 December 2014

This is a tiny converted old Dairy Queen that serves a very tasty breakfast. We stopped in after walking Tumamoc and left there very happy we did. My husband ordered a plate while I just had a burrito. Both plates were delicious and just the right size. We will return and bring frineds!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were leaving the Starr resort and looked on trip advisor for some Mexican before hitting the airport.. Place is a small mama and pop joint with seating outside. You order at the counter... Perfect.. It was clean and the food was delicious.. (Authentic) We had the special which had a taco, enchiladas and something else that I am not sure about. Had a fresh orange juice drink too. May have been 10 bucks. The Mexican woman spoke little English which added to a good experience.

3  Thank Bill P