“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! ”
Review of Super Inn

Super Inn
Ranked #123 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

First off I want to start with the Super Inn is previously known at the Knights Inn. The receipt we got still has the Knights in printed on it. A girlfriend and I had a trip planned for Tucson last week. I had made prior arrangements a few days earlier and booked a hotel with hotels.com. I wanted to make sure we had a hotel with 24hr desk service because I knew we would be arriving late as the drive from San Diego takes about 6hrs. We arrive around 1:30am to check in. The two men behind the counter (one of them the owner) couldn't find my reservation. It took about ten minutes for them to finally find it on the printed out reservations list, even after I spelled out my name. Anyways the guy try's to put me in a smoking room when I had booked a nonsmoking room. He said he didn't have any nonsmoking rooms available. I'm already annoyed at the fact that it's taking so long to check in but now my room isn't available. He tells me to drive two hotels down to the other hotel he owns the Super Inn and they will give me a non smoking room there. So I get back in my car and drive to the next hotel. When I arrive I ask the girl behind the desk if she can give me a better rate for the first night since we are checking in so late and because of the inconvenience of having to go to another hotel. She says no. I say I want to check the hotel next door and I will be back if I can't get a room there. I didn't want to give this business any of my money because of how I've been treated already. Long story short the hotel next door was over double the price so I came back. This rude girl behind the counter checks me in and tells us "she is putting us in a remodeled room and she thinks I'll like it". Ok whatever. It's already late now and I'm exhausted from the long day, all I want is to get to the room, shower, and crash. We open the door to our room and see an ok looking bed setup but are hit with an overwhelming musty odor. I put my bags down and walk to the bathroom. There are three different kinds of dead bugs on the bathroom counter also bug poop scattered all over the sink. The sink, mirror, and wall are covered in filthy black stains like someone dropped dirty mop water all over. The shower is covered in a yellow residue and there is literally a poop stain on the toilet seat. This is the last straw for me. Since the phone in the room didn't work I had to try and find the number for the front desk since it wasn't listed anywhere. I ended up calling the first hotel and told the guy I first talked to the issue. He refused to do anything about it and I asked to speak with the owner who was there as well. He told me he already left. I demanded that he send someone to clean the room and he hangs up on me. Obviously there is no talking sense into these people so I decide to just get some sleep and will get the house keeping to come first thing when I wake up so they can clean and I can get ready. When we wake up in the morning my friend can't breath, she is choking. She literally could not breath from staying in that room. I did some more research and found the front desk number to get them to send someone to clean. The woman at the front said that she just couldn't send someone to clean it, that she didn't know where they were and it didn't work that way. I told her she needed to find someone as to these conditions are unsatisfactory and unsanitary!! She hangs up on me. I'm feeling defeated so I call hotels.com to see if there is anything I can do. They end up giving me a voucher for the first night and calling the hotel and getting them to reimburse me for the second day and that was only if I checked out. Absolutely! I wanted to get out as fast as possible. We grab all our stuff and immediately head to the front office. The woman tells me to hold on we wait fifteen minutes while she wanders around and takes other phone calls, ignoring us. Another man comes in and asks what room we had stayed in, we told him the number and he tells the lady behind the desk no! You weren't suppose to stay in that room it's unrentable see the box around the number it's not suppose to be rented out. But offers us another room and tries everything for us to stay so they could keep our money for the second day. I want nothing to do with this place so I refuse. Hesitantly they refund my card for the second night and we leave. Finally we get to our nice hotel and I go straight to the bathroom to shower the filth of the previous hotel off. When I take off my clothes I see large bites on my back, feet and legs. Of course the previous scummy hotel would have bugs. Now I'm covered in bed bug bites. Moral of the story don't stay at The Super Inn or Western Inn. Disgusting hotel and Disgusting, lying, cheating owner and staff. I called to complain to hotels.com again after hearing they put us in an unrentable room and they put me on hold to confirm the story with the hotel. They denied it. Like really!? What a surprise.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank lathamtracie

Reviewed 26 December 2016

The room on first glance looked OK as I only wanted a CLEAN and SAFE place to sleep.As I moved about the room I began to see it was neither of these. the shower curtain looked like it had been dragged through the parking lot. The bathroom door had damage that looked like someone had kicked it. Along one wall the carpet was peeling away and small cones of reddish brown spots were in multiple areas of the ceiling. In the shower itself a hand or face towel was shoved into the light fixture housing and around the bulb.Above where a person stands when showering. This is a serious safety hazard. Water and electricity don't mix. GO ELSEWHERE DON'T STAY HERE! Initially, I asked for another room after some back and forth they became rude obstinate dismissive of the issues I raised began name calling. They also lied to me twice. Once, saying they had no other rooms available and a second time when I told them I would not be remaining in the room therefore they should not attempt to collect payment. They said they would not but did anyway.

Room Tip: This is one of the worst I have ever seen. Wish I had taken pictures. I just couldn't get out of...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank C B
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Do not stay here! It is very dirty and nasty, even the sheets and towels are dirty. The room smells horrible and there is no customer service at all. The managers are extremely rude and combative. There are drug addicts hanging around outside, it is very unsafe.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank lindseydelded
Reviewed 24 February 2016

the shower curtain was torn, there were no wash cloth's for your face, the window screen was torn out of the window and all crumpled up in the floor. I had to throw it out in the yard to get my son's wheelchair in the door. it was a very uncomfortable room and felt unclean, but it was necasary we stay there close to the hospital as my son had a medical procedure the next morning at 8 am. at the v.a. hospital.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank juanitakeeter
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Ok. Left motel 6 next door because of no hot water. Was assured by manager they had hot water. Husband showed me the rooms. ADA compliant for my 88 year old Dad. Rooms were clean. Checked in for 5 nights. First night....screaming, hollaring and banging around. Lukewarm water. Next night....11:00 pm, 1:00 am, 3:00 am, 5:00 am....screaming, hollaring and banging around. Lukewarm water. Inquired at front desk as to noise during night....disabled man "living" there...scared...thinks people after him.
Lukewarm water turned cold....inquired again.....boiler malfunctioning. Last day.....cops took away disabled man, water still cold. Good bye with no refund.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family