“On The Fence On This One”

Quality Inn Flamingo Downtown
Ranked #88 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I decided to stay here noting the quite varied reviews, I found both sides to be a little correct. The lobby was nice and desk guy attentive, competent and polite. Parking pretty easy and I rambled to my second floor room while noticing some odd clientele on the way. I got in the room and found it a big dated and perhaps run down but seemed OK and clean. I arrived kind of late and just turned in.

I checked out the breakfast, it was pretty standard for this type of hotel.

Then I went to do a little work on my computer and pulled out the desk chair and I could hardly believe what I was seeing (see photo). I'm not quite sure why you would even leave that chair in the room. I covered it with a towel so sit on it.

Then I headed for the shower and was a bit amazed so see the nasty handprints (another photo). I sprayed some water on them after I got out of the shower but they persisted. Surely it's some sort of oil.

So, as the title says, I'm on the fence. Some good things, some bad things.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The check in and check out staff were very good in that they were friendly, efficient and helpful. Breakfast was good but room was a little disappointing. The shower leaked and the carpet was very stained. Pillows and bedding were also not up to usual standard.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Two of our crews spent most of October at Quality Inn Flamingo Downtown Tucson.
We drill water wells and operate 24/7 once drilling begins. The General Manager, Kyle made sure housekeeping came while the shift change happened so our night crew could sleep uninterrupted. When unexpected circumstances caused our timeline to shift, Kyle let us check in and out as our needs dictated while keeping our special rate.
A totally awesome experience. We will definitely stay here again when we have another job in the area.
Thanks a bunch Kyle!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Message: I arrived at the motel after a search around Tucson and found your
establishment. Upon entering I was greeted by the woman at the desk. She
told me her name is Maria. I asked Maria for a room for two for the evening.
She was very pleasant and advised that she had a room for me. I was hungry
and tired after driving from San Antonio, Tx. She provided the room and
advised us of fine restaurants in the area. We chose a place called Silver
Saddle steak house. We followed her directions and found the restaurant
easily. We returned to motel and moved in for the evening. The experience
was heartwarming and personal. I will use your facilities again in the
future and recommend Quality Inn to my friends also. Thank you, John Gaynor

Room Tip: good access parking to room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Our party of 6 have stayed in 4 Quality Inns from LA to Tucson, via Yuma, Flagstaff and Phoenix and I can honestly say this has been the worst so far. What a disappointment when compared to the 50's style photos.
To be fair, the Reception welcome was pleasant and fun, but the banter doesn't make up for where it falls short.
No toilet roll in the room. No shower curtain. Poor water supply. No fridge in room. Not a single vending machine on site; I had to walk across six lanes of roadway just to get a cold water. Breakfast room is being served by the one-man receptionist and when we arrived with an hour to go, at 8am, there was no coffee, no hot sausages and two small pieces of egg; the counter area was a complete mess.
I would never stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends