“Yucky construction!”

Reviewed 21 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank F3531SUsandraf
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I traveled to Tucson for the weekend with my youngest son to watch my oldest play in a baseball tournament, knowing that we had long, hot days ahead of us we were both equally excited to be able to have a pool at the hotel to jump into and cool off. We arrived at Travelodge late on the 14th - my son immediately wanted to run to the pool and jump in. I called the lobby to ask about pool hours and was told "it's closed already" - which I figured, it was after 11am. I asked the receptionist what the hours were and was told 9am to 10pm. Well, the next morning on our way to the tournament I drive around the hotel to see where the pool was and to my surprise it was drained!! correction, there was a small puddle of murky, dirty, green water still left in it, about calf height. The pool was not working, the pool area was being used for old dirty tossed out mattresses! There was old furnishings all in the pool area. UGH! I drove to the lobby and asked what heck was going on with the pool and of course was told it was shut down...but could use the Best Western's pool next door! I would have just stayed at the Best Western had I known!! This was the biggest disappointment. Not only was there no pool, we would have to walk next door to use theirs. After a long day of being out in the Arizona sun, we got back to our hotel and we walked to the Best Western to use the pool. It was pretty embarrassing walking over there and having the guests at Best Western looking at us as though we were trespassing. To make matters worse, our room was on the opposite end of where the Best Western pool area was, it was the longest walk of shame ever! I wish that the website had let me know that the pool was closed, I wish that the attendant the 1st night I called and asked about the pool hours had told me that I had to take a hike to the adjacent hotel, and I wish that they would have at least offered to change my room to a location that was closer to the Best Western so that I didn't have to walk with a kid in tow to their pool!
The room was comfortable, there was some small areas in the bathroom that housekeeping could have been more attentive too (floor, counters),but overall the room itself was good. There is a Denny's that is also right next door if you want to get something to eat and the hotel is right off the freeway, which this weekend the exit was closed for construction, on any other day the access is super convenient from the highway.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Checked in at 10pm 102 degrees outside ac was off in room. It took 4 hours to finally cool down. The front desk clerks reply oh...nothing more

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 883frankie
Lisa A, General Manager at Tucson AZ Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear 883frankie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All comments are shared with the staff so we can continue to improve our services. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Lisa Avila

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
6.9 km away
19.7 km away
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#103 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Tucson AZ Travelodge? Share your experiences!