Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
  • Pool
US$105
US$139
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$300/night.

US$209
US$198
Travelocity
US$169
US$109
US$109
Official Site
2,968 results
All reviewsswim up barred door spagolf courseheavenly bedadult poolpool areatennis courtsbeautiful propertycatalina mountainsmain buildingself parkingfitness centerthe entire staffmountain viewtucson areasabino canyonpools
Reviewed 8 September 2010

As I was attending my thirtieth high school reunion, the staff, especially Dawn Glass, made my stay enjoyable. Dawn was always there to make sure the event went flawlessly. She was always there assisting the Reunion Committee and assisting with our needs to make this event enjoyable for all our classmates who attended. Thanks to the staff. The Westin La Paloma should be proud of them all for their friendliness, smiles and willingness to get the job done.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
billp82, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Thank you for commending our associates at La Paloma. As you can see the great pride we all take in our resort shows with each and every interaction with our guests. We hope to see you return.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stay at the Westin many times throughout the year and it is always a nice stay. My last stay in July I found a gentleman named Andy to be more than helpful. I was presenting and he carried my heavy boxes from one end of the hotel to the other without me even asking. The customer service is always fantastic. If I had any complaint it would be that it is getting a little outdated. TV’s are old, but for business it is fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for writing about your stay at La Paloma. I hope you will have a chance to return to relax and enjoy the many amenities we have available. You had the great experience of La Paloma for business. We look forward to showing you the rejuvenating side of La Paloma.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I would love for everyone to know my stay at this Resort I call peace and r/r(rest and relaxation) did exactly that for me and my wife. We arrived early at the hotel and Aron and his team had know problem acomadating. I live in phoenix and I like to staycation at resorsts that dont leave me with any issues we are there to relax. Your resort goes beyond that its great to go on staycation and have know problems getting a light changed in your room any time of night. It was good to see proactive maint instead of putting out fires. IE workers making sure all water fountains and out side lighting in working order ,made my wife feel safe. Shows me even in down times your saftey as a consumer comes first before budget cuts Thank You Gene C Klinesmith JR

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting everyone who reads Trip Advisor know how wonderful your stay was at La Paloma. Our favorite three R’s, Relax, Rejuvenate and Renew. We’re looking forward to having you return for more.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

We had a wonderful time at the Westin La Paloma for the Shannon Slumber Party on August 28th. Security and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with parking and finding our room. The service staff also was friendly when passed in the hallway. Our room was very clean and peaceful. The view of the mountains from our balcony was breathtaking. I would like to thank Jesus Gutierrez for driving us down to our car when we had checked out. He was very personable and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting how you enjoyed Shannon’s Slumber Party at La Paloma. We hope you have an opportunity to return for another getaway with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

This review is very difficult to write as I have such mixed feeling about this resort.
I will start with the positives. First of all, the staff at this hotel is top notch and you will be hard press to find any resort with a better outgoing attitude from its employees. They stress great customer service at this hotel and the people responsible for the training of these associates should be complimented.
The pool area is very relaxing and enjoyable. Never had a problem with children spilling into the adult pool area, although they could be heard having a great time in the pool nearby. There is also server that will come by and take your food or drink orders every hour or so if you choose to have something.
The hot tub was great, if you decide to use it, be advice, the turn on switch is on the wall behind it.
Dinner and Lunch at the hotel restaurant Azuls was good, breakfast not so much, I would skip it, and try to find something else. Fifty dollars plus dollars for breakfast for two is a bit on the high side for what you get and it wasn’t that good.
My biggest disappointment with this hotel was the so called” Heavenly Beds”
I have stayed at many Westin and SPG’s properties world wide and this is unlike any Heavenly Bed we have ever experienced. Both of us woke up with severe back aches every morning. I suspect these beds need to be replaced as soon as possible. We were looking forward to the comfort of the heavenly beds we have both experienced in the past, but wasn’t to be had at this Westin location.
There is a 15.00 resort fee, which includes, self parking, local calls, use of gym area, and bottled water every morning. They have a “green” program which is if you choose to not have your room serviced; you will get a 5.00 a day credit to be used against your bill at check out. We used this option as we like to be green as possible, but in doing so, lost out on the bottled water stocked each day, which we could have used.
One thing that I really did not agree with is being charged .68 cents a minute for internet usage in the business area. I do not travel with a lap top, and had a very important email from my Doctor that I needed to have. There is no reason what so ever to charge for use of a computer at this hotels price point. If Hampton Inns and Comfort Suites among others can offer free use of computers in their business area, I can’t see any reason why Westin can not. Surly this could be a perk tied in with the 15.00 resort fee.
The hotel had no entertainment and that was also a big disappointment. We decide to meet some friends for dinner one night ,at a Four Points Sheraton in the area, much to our surprise, the Four Points Sheraton had wonderful entertainment by their hotel pool and restaurant., which left me a bit bewildered why Westin had nothing, but piped in music.
The staff here is the high point, the room could use an update, the TV’s are very old, but the property more than makes up for this. There are very few employees of the hotel I came in direct contact with in my stay, but the few I did such as the bell person, who took us in the golf cart and showed us to our room, was very nice, however, he told us to mention his name on this review if we felt he did an outstanding job as the Westin has a contest for employees that get named the most on trip advisor, I will not mention his name here as I feel he did just what was expected of him, and the job Westin hired him to do, but I didn’t feel he gave outstanding service or go out of his way for us. I did not feel comfortable being propositioned to give positive reviews to staff members of this hotel, and I certainly did not feel comfortable when he told us how he disliked his co-workers who won this contest in the past.

When I look back at previous reviews of this hotel, I feel some may be inflated due to propositions from staff members, based on what happened in our case.
Daniel at the front desk was very kind however, and he did not ask to be mentioned in my review of this hotel…
This hotel is good for families and romantic couples, but is advised, they cater mostly to business travelers, who may want to hold their meetings there, however, all guest seemed to be treated the same.
Despite the few flaws of this hotel, I can recommended it to others, it’s a very good resort with just a little tweaking, it can be so much better.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank goldendeal

Thank you very much for posting about your stay at La Paloma. We really do take pride in the service we provide to all our guests, whether they are here for business and/or pleasure. We always strive to go above and beyond our guests expectations. We truly appreciate your comments, as this is how we can continue to grow and improve.