“Time to switch ”

East Sakura Buffet
Ranked #130 of 228 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My Family loves Chinese food so we often go to East Sakura. The last 3 times we have gone rice has run out and hasn't been refilled for quite sometime. The food hasn't really been warm. Some dishes you can actually see the food getting dried up. Needs better maintenance. Dinner times 15 per person we deserve decent quality of food. And not to be extra but the women's bathrooms never work there's only 1 functioning stall. There's always flooding. This place needs Tlc

Reviewed 5 September 2017

East Sakura meets only the minimum standard as a Chinese buffet restaurant.

We went on a weekday. So it costs $14.99 for adult and $10.99 for kid. So the kid's price is over-priced compared to other good buffet restaurant.

The varieties of food is very limited. I don't mind the very limited choices if the food taste good. But here there are only 3 dishes that taste good: the salty fried shrimp, the baby octopus salad, and the tiny clams. The other dishes are are very mediocre with a few awful ones: the crab legs (it is non-edible in my opinion), ribs, the only two fish dishes, the wonton in the wonton soup. I actually stopped trying other dishes after these.

Also, a heads up: there is no Chinese style spring roll, only the giant roll you get from Chinese take out restaurant. The sushi rolls are not special and falling apart. The fish on the sushi is very thin and tiny. There is not a beef dish except the prime steak that sits at the corner. Dishes that are very common are not available here: the stuff clams, the stuff crabs, fried onion rings, chicken wings, imitated crab meat dishes, ...

They put out the very small oysters unopened, so you need to wait there for someone to help you. So do the steak. You wait for the same person to cut you a slide. Since the beef has been sitting out so long, it is cold. He will fry it a little for you, but it just does not taste good that way.

This is a dinner buffet that should nave been charged for just a lunch price.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This place has consistently good food with great service. I think the variety is amazing and they keep everything refiled. My son had a great meal with the mix of Chinese and American fare. Keep up the good work. We will be back.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

everything here is fresh and very good, a must go to if oyu are ever around. Have better prime rib than most steak houses and oysters so fresh they chuck them in front of you

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Staff are rude and inconsiderate. I wouldn't let my dog eat leftovers here. I was joining my family today after traveling from 1 hour away. I approached one of the staff members not realizing I was connecting with the manger to see if it was possible for another table to be added. The manger got an attitude and said do what you like and walked away. Left in confusion I re-approached her and said, "I'm a little confused is it ok to merge the tables." "Her reply, "Can't you see I'm busy?" Mind you she was cleaning chairs with same table she washed the table with. How disgusting!!!! Moral of the story I went to the front desk and expressed my concern and the other 2 men (I believe owner's husband and Sushi maker said nothing). I kindly excused myself from my family and informed them I will be departing because I do not give my hard earned money to people who are rude and disregard my concern. Eat here if you don't mind being belittled.

Been to East Sakura Buffet? Share your experiences!