“You must stay here.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

John M
Dallas, Texas
“You must stay here.”
Reviewed 17 December 2018 for a stay in December 2018

We stayed Friday through Sunday in early December. We arrived early from Dallas and, since there was no one checking out, were able to go in right away. Normal check in is 3 and check out is 11. The door is secured with an electronic door lock coded to the specific guest, so no stupid keys or cards to deal with. The house is great. Beautiful 100 year old home that has been completely redone, but has retained the charm. There was lots of room for another couple had we had friends with us.
The owner/hostess noticed every detail-we did not need a thing. New coffee machine, washer/dryer, all the "stuff" you could possibly think of like detergent, soaps, coffee, snacks, and a bottle of wine too!
You are within walking distance of pretty much everything. We did not have to get in a car all weekend. You can get to the Riverwalk easily. There are great local restaurants near by- Tito's, Rosario's, Liberty Bar, Bar 1919, etc. Walking around and coming and going from a home is what I love about vacationing. You'll feel like a local.
The weather on the weekend we chose was cold and damp (no rain) so we did not enjoy the quaint backyard. During better weather it is perfect for morning coffee or evening wine enjoying the peace of the little neighborhood where it is located. In the morning it was peaceful and quiet. You'd never know how close you are to the heart of San Antonio and all the tourist stuff.
I am so happy we discovered this place instead of the usual stuffy hotels with their impersonal staff and generic experience. Do yourself a favor, stay here and feel like you live in San Antonio, even if just for a week or a weekend.
The owner is responsive and very knowledgeable about the city.
I will never stay anywhere else.

Date of stay: December 2018
Jaclyn S
“Hidden Gem, Great Location”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I recently stayed here with my family and we loved this place from the minute we walked in. The quaint patio outside was perfect for morning coffee and evening cocktails. It only has 1 and 1/2 baths but that wasn't a problem. The weather in July was extremely hot so we didn't walk far however Alamo street is super close and has some great eateries. Close to downtown and River Walk. I would definitely recommend this spot to anyone traveling to San Antonio.

Date of stay: July 2017
Sharon D
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
“What a gem of a place to stay!”
Reviewed 8 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I stayed here with my daughter and granddaughter who is 4. This place was wonderful. It is decorated so nicely and I can't say enough about the cleanliness! It only has 1 and 1/2 baths but that wasn't a problem with us. The outside patio is a great place to sit and have a coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. We didn't walk downtown as it was so hot but it is a quick walk to downtown and the Riverwalk. The area is very quaint and quiet. If you want somewhere to stay I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: July 2017
Management Response
9 Jul 2017
Thank you so much and we enjoyed hosting you and and your family. I hope you will join us again soon - San Antonio is absolutely divine in the fall ;-) Cheers!
Amity C
Austin, Texas
“Perfect location and cozy home away from home”
Reviewed 5 February 2017 for a stay in April 2016

My husband, 10 year old son and I stayed in this adorable house. It is in a wonderful location. We had a car but ended up walking to the River Walk and it was a nice stroll with lots to see along the way. The local neighborhood has everything you could ask for as well, including restaurants, cafes and bars. The house itself is comfortable, charming and clean. It is well appointed with everything you need for a short or long stay and the backyard is an oasis in the middle of the city. I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Management Response
6 Feb 2017
Thank you so much for your kind review. So happy you enjoyed your time at River City Bungalow and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.