“Great service but needs a few tweaks”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #162 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 14 April 2017

My first time staying at the springhill. I have to start by saying I had my first pleasant experience with a hotel shuttle during my stay. The young lady that picked me up at the airport after 10pm was incredible. I was in a fairly foul mood becuase of a long travel day and I have to say she really brightened my day.. The front desk clerk was very helpful as well. The rooms have a strange setup with the bathtub and toilet in separate rooms which took a little getting used. The only real negative was the quality of the sheets and and pillows. They were worn and in need of replacement. The manager and their staff should all get a raise for their efforts.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2017

overall the hotel was very nice. very spacious rooms, comfy bed. breakfast better than most. good staff. lighting in bathroom was poor. it was really tricky to find the entrance, we missed it more than once. very handy to the airport if you are using a shuttle though.

Room Tip: we were on top floor but the planes were not too noisy
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This location is an excellent value if you are flying.
Usually only 10,000 points .
The room is not as clean as previous stays.
Hope management gets a handle on the housekeeping !
Front desk staff always so nice .

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2017

If you expect clean hotel accommodations, this is not the place for you. If you expect to hear back from the staff and management after complaining about your dirty room, this is not the place for you.

The room was noticeable dirty when we walked in. I stepped on what seemed to be a dried up piece of food on the carpet near the entrance. The sofa had tons of stains on it- it was in such bad shape, I had to cover it with a sheet just so my kids could sit on it.

But wait, there's more! We are a family of 5- this means we really depend on the sleeper sofa for sleeping arrangements. When we went to pull out the sleeper sofa- we discovered it was only for 1 person. Thankfully, my husband took a closer look at something he noticed on the mattress. After some poking around, he came to the conclusion is was mice droppings. Needless to say- we did not have our children sleep on this- and we reported it to the front desk immediately. They said they would call us back with a solution- but they never did.Later on, I realized this is their trend, as when we reported this again the next day, we were told the manager would contact us and we didn't hear from her either.

P.S. We ended up sleeping three people to one queen sized bed- this is not the accommodation we paid for.

This is just a shame. People who book with Springhill Suites or other Marriott Properties expect a certain quality in their hotels. This place is just dropping the ball and giving the Marriott chain a bad reputation.

It would be nice if the manager could call back all the people who have written about their disappointments and at least apologize- acknowledging the problem and an apology do go a long way. I would also suggest she make every single employee feel the responsibility of keeping this place up to par.

This place seems to be going down fast- management either needs to get on the ball, or work somewhere else.

I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
1  Thank Elenisav
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Room was a great layout but really not clean. Hair in bathroom and fresh blood stains on comforted. Had to wait on staff to check out. Long line for low quality breakfast. Fridge was empty of yogurts, eggs were not real, no breakfast meat since it was empty too. Stains and dirt on all carpets throughout the hotel. Loud planes but that is to be expected. Worst experience in a long time.