“Poorly Managed”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #147 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I reached the property promptly at the time of check in. To my dismay, the room was not ready. In fact, I was told that it may take a while (no estimate of time was given). After waiting for 25-30 mins, I asked the person at the reception to call me when the room was ready and left. I didn't receive any phone call till even 3 hours after that. I eventually checked in around 6:30 PM. The attitude of the receptionist was very casual. Didnt even offer an apology for the delay. The breakfast got over around 8:50 AM when it was supposed to be till 9:30 AM. The room itself was clean & liveable from the inside but quite noisy overall.

Room Tip: Dont get any room on the ground floor. They are very noisy and uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Tiffany R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear ANKITBAHL,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We truly value the opinions of our guests. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I will make sure these issues are addressed with the appropriate departments to ensure that this does not happen again. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me at Tiffany.Ross@Marriott.com. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with great service on your next trip to San Antonio.

Tiffany Ross

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved the layout of the room. Attention to detail goes a long way with me.
We had a girls weekend in San Antonio for Fiesta Week! The room slept five adults and one child very comfortably. The best part of the room was that the bathroom was split tub and sink in one portion and toilet and sink in another portion. With so many people in the room that was GRrrrreat!!!! The sofa had a trundle bed. It had the kind of fridge that had a freezer section. Microwave and flatscreen tv. Breakfast thumbs down. Very nice indoor pool. Laundry facility. Exercise room. Literally at the airport. Will definitely stay again!!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2017

My wife and I were on diverted flight to San Antonio last minute and had to get a quick/close room to the airport for the night. Accommodating, clean and relatively quiet. Only stayed for 5 hours so unable to take in full amenities. But the front desk staff and shuttle driver were very nice.

Room Tip: Close to airport
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed as a family with 3 kids for e nights over Easter weekend. It's a hard call between 3 and 4 stars, but I'll go with 4 because this hotel offers a good value.

With tax, I paid $312, which is pretty great im San Antonio with free parking and breakfast in a room that can comfortably sleep 5. The breakfast is good too - eggs, meat, waffles, yogurt, coffee, etc. The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The pool is tiny and crowded with rowdy kids. My 8 and 12 year old enjoyed it for a few minutes, but there is no way I would have gone in.

The bathroom thing that has been mentioned several times is weird. If you're a private person, you'll want to use the downstairs bathrooms by the pool. Privacy aside, you can't turn on the lights in a room full of sleeping people because it shines brightly through the frosted glass. I hated this because I'm an early riser and wanted to get up and shower, but didn't want to wake the kids.

One last issue is that, even though the location is technically good, it's tricky to get to. We had several instances of getting turned around over the span of our trip.

All in all, this hotel is a good option for families sticking to a budget.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
James C, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

theworldawaits1979,

Thank you so much for providing us with your honest review! I appreciate the fact that you bumped us up to four stars but I apologize for the bathroom door and location that kept you from being able to give us five stars.

I hope we can have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is any other way that we can be of assistance to you!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

My first time staying at the springhill. I have to start by saying I had my first pleasant experience with a hotel shuttle during my stay. The young lady that picked me up at the airport after 10pm was incredible. I was in a fairly foul mood becuase of a long travel day and I have to say she really brightened my day.. The front desk clerk was very helpful as well. The rooms have a strange setup with the bathtub and toilet in separate rooms which took a little getting used. The only real negative was the quality of the sheets and and pillows. They were worn and in need of replacement. The manager and their staff should all get a raise for their efforts.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business